New Havanese owner needs reassurance - Page 74 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 11:37 AM   #731
Flynn Gentry-Taylor
Flynn of Sir Winston fame

Submit Photo: 22
Photo Submissions 9 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydm View Post
Before last groom
I just saw this photo how wonderful she looks..she does look happier Kay..and now we know she is!!!

Flynn, lady-in-waiting to Sir Winston and Lady Mia
Flynn Gentry-Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #732
Kathie

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 10 Times in 10 Posts
How wonderful to hear your news! I also think about you and Maggie wondering how things are going. A tail wag? That IS exciting! Please keep us posted - we care!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Old 11-23-2012, 04:22 PM   #733
davetgabby
Dave T

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 35 Times in 35 Posts
ahhh Kay, you've got me crying. Geeze that is awesome. She obviously is very attached to you, even though she doesn't show it in the same ways many dogs do. You have to keep in touch with us more often. Hope you are doing fine. No more sneaking off to the hospital without telling us. We want some more pics. too.

Last edited by davetgabby; 11-23-2012 at 04:46 PM.
davetgabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:05 PM   #734
sandypaws

Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 15 Times in 15 Posts
I wasn't on the forum when the original thread was posted in '09, so I read the entire "novel" today. It was very touching and I was quite moved by it. What a wonderful thing you did when you rescued Maggie and what a wonderful thing she did for you during your hospital stay. You have done amazing things with her and I know she's showing you her appreciation. Keep up the good work and stay healthy because Maggie needs you as you now know. She's a cutie!

Mary and Tyler (miss you, Bailey - 1996-2011)
sandypaws is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #735
davetgabby
Dave T

wow Mary, good for you, that's one long thread. It has moved me and still does.
Thank you all
Old 11-23-2012, 06:26 PM   #736
kaydm

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Nominations 2 Times in 1 Post
Thank you all

for kind words. I love this little dog and she loves being home with me. She does not do well with change. To get outside, we travel the length of the three season porch. If I have moved a chair and temporarily tossed an emply cardboard box out there, she always stops to investigate. Change is hard for her.

I am not ready to say a lot right now, but I could use some advice. In future it will be time to rehome Maggie. My dear friend wants her. She has one cat. Maggie likes cats. My dear niece wants her on her farm. Most of her pack lives indoors except for two huge white dogs who do live inside during most of winter and bad summer storms.

I have long thought Maggie would do well with a pack. But I have had only her for three and half years. I need to make a decision so nothing is left to chance. I want the very best for her and I don't want to leave her. But there it is. We're all mortal.

I would appreciate all your thoughts about my decision. With grateful thanks, Kay
kaydm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:43 PM   #737
Sheri

Submit Photo: 11
Photo Submissions 12 Times in 10 Posts
Kay, I can feel the heaviness in your post. I'm so sorry that you are having to face this decision. My heart hurts for you both.

I'm so glad for you and Maggie that you have a choice of two options for her that sound like good ones, under the circumstances. Can you spend time with Maggie at both places for short times to see how she reacts in each place?
Old 11-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #738
shimpli
Teresita

Submit Photo: 4
Your Maggie is a 'special' dog and you have been a wonderful Mom to her. It touches my heart so much because I have a 'special' daughter and a decision like this must be so difficult. I will be praying for you and for Maggie. Hugs.

Teresita
Ache and Yunque's mom
shimpli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #739
davetgabby
Dave T

Ahhhh Kay, I can't even imagine how hard this might be for you. I have a hard time thinking about this. I feel she might be better with your friend. She might be better off with a more quiet pace of life. Dogs of her nature, do better with less outside influences. Your friend sounds wonderful. I have to go but I'm not sure I will be able to sleep now. Talk later, God bless.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #740
Kathie

Submit Photo: 0
Kay, I am so sorry about your situation. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you. I like the idea of trying out each option to see what "fits" for Maggie. It did sound like she did well with your friend. You will be in my prayers as you face these difficult times.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App