New Havanese owner needs reassurance - Page 75 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
I am appreciating your thoughts re rehoming Maggie
Old 11-24-2012, 07:11 AM   #741
kaydm

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Nominations 2 Times in 1 Post
I am appreciating your thoughts re rehoming Maggie

Just like with my close friends here at home, I am sorry to cause sadness or pain for those on this board thinking of my situation. What I most love about those closest to me is that not one is tippy toeing around what is happening. I love how straight they are with me.

Maggie just had her breakfast and danced her way out the door just now to do her business. I love her energy in the early morning with her twirl arounds and soft woofs.
kaydm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:32 AM   #742
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 73 Times in 73 Posts
It is wonderful that she can be such a comfort to you, especially considering all you have done for her. You two really have a special relationship.

I agree that it doesn't hurt to let her experience both, and see if one feels more comfortable for her than the other. My gut, however, agrees with Dave, that she is the type of dog who would probably do better in the quieter setting. It's wonderful, though that you have two viable options to choose from. That has to be a great comfort.

krandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #743
Miss Paige

Submit Photo: 14
Photo Submissions 4 Times in 4 Posts
I too am so sorry for the situation you are in. And I agree with both Dave & Karen. Having read the whole thread I think your friend's home would be the best place for her. Also please remember there is always Havanese Rescue Inc that you can turn to for rehomimg Maggie. They have foster homes that know how to help each Havanese that comes into HRI- and they are loving caring homes.
Ms Tula (for as long as she needs)
Miss Paige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #744
Suzi

Photo Submissions 37 Times in 37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydm View Post
Bethaney, Maggies's nose goes straight up and her head goes back and her howl is healthy, let me say. The reason the breeder sold her is that she would not allow herself to be bred, I was told. Maybe the reason for her loud howl is she has too much testosterone for a girl dog. lol
I haven't read the whole trend but just wanted to let you know that temperament is also a big part of choosing a good breading bitch. And from some short statements about a separate building it does sound like you are dealing with a rescue. I'm sorry I haven't the time right now to read the whole trend but from what I have been reading I think you are doing a good job with her. I have no idea why you are thinking of re homing her. I will try and catch up to help support what ever you decide A weird twist: I think she was a very smart Havanese to roll over and not allow breeding. It bought her her freedom !

Last edited by Suzi; 11-24-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Suzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #745
Chere

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
What wonderful news for you and Maggie. I have two rescues, Shadow and Jesse (James) and it took a very long time for them to truly bond with us. Now they follow us everywhere we go. But, like Maggie, they hate car rides, pant, whine, cry and throw up! So we don't go very far; four miles to the vet and two to the groomer! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with Maggie.
Chere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #746
Milo's Mom
Joyce

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kay,
I always keep up with your journey with Maggie. Our rescue, Brookie, has also been a source of challenge, frustration, joy, and hope. We love her unconditionally for who she is as you love Maggie. I'm so glad that you have such good friends and family to support you through this difficult time. I agree with many here that Maggie would do better with your friend in a calmer environment. Can she gradually spend more time with her? My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Joyce
Old 11-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #747
Suzi

Photo Submissions 37 Times in 37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
I haven't read the whole trend but just wanted to let you know that temperament is also a big part of choosing a good breading bitch. And from some short statements about a separate building it does sound like you are dealing with a rescue. I'm sorry I haven't the time right now to read the whole trend but from what I have been reading I think you are doing a good job with her. I have no idea why you are thinking of re homing her. I will try and catch up to help support what ever you decide A weird twist: I think she was a very smart Havanese to roll over and not allow breeding. It bought her her freedom !
Okay so I sat with my soup and read the last chapter in your's and Maggie's stories. I hadn't realized the trend had been an on going one for quit some time. Well My heart goes out to you and your sweet Maggie. You are a very good with words and I have enjoyed your path with her. I agree with the others about your friend maybe taking over the responsibility of her. She would have more one on one and would feel more like her first real home. Take care
Suzi
Old 11-25-2012, 09:15 AM   #748
Brady's mom
Karen

Submit Photo: 4
Photo Submissions 16 Times in 9 Posts
I just caught up on this thread. Maggie is such a pretty little girl. I am so sorry for what you are going through. Is your friend that wants Maggie the same one who sprung her from the vet when you were in the hospital? If so, she sounded wonderful with her. It sounds like Maggie has made huge strides. She is very lucky to have landed with you. Please know you both will remain in my thoughts and prayers.

**Karen, Mom to Brady, Dugan and Cassie
Brady's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:49 AM   #749
Miss Paige

Chere,
How nice to hear that Jessie and Shadow are doing great-two amazing little boys who had a really rough start-tell them Auntie Pat send hugs and belly rubs.
Ms Tula (for as long as she needs)
Miss Paige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:09 PM   #750
gertchie

Submit Photo: 1
I have to count this as one of my favorite love stories ever, the whole story and the way you told it were wonderful! I am so sad that you will have to find a new home for her but it sounds like you have a couple of good choices. I agree with the others that said to try both to see which is more comfortable for her. I feel sorry that you have to do this, I know if it were me I would worry about Ozzie more than myself. Who knows how much they really understand? Maybe at this point you could let her take care of you for a bit? Please take care, my prayers are with you both
gertchie is offline   Reply With Quote