Pet Relocation Services? - Page 2 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #11
lkwilson
Laura

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanks Anna, yes the fact that they meet him at Heathrow and stay during the entire customs ordeal is very assuring.

Sad to have left the cat :-( pet's are so much a part of our lives
Old 11-30-2012, 04:19 PM   #12
Anna6

Submit Photo: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkwilson View Post
Sad to have left the cat :-( pet's are so much a part of our lives
It was. Our whole family just loved the cat. My mother was visiting a year later and talked to the people who bought the house. Guess who was their cat? I was glad to find out he was doing well and had adopted the new family that moved in. It was at that time the opinion you leave cats and move dogs.

It sounds like Coach is set. When is the big move? I'll look for stories once you have relocated to the UK.
Anna6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:34 PM   #13
lkwilson
Laura

Submit Photo: 1
Funny how cats do that. We had one that decided to live with the neighbors instead of us. Didn't realize it until we were over there one day and there she was with a new collar on and everything. They never knew she had been ours, oh well, she was happier; they didn't have a dog and we did.

We're going over next week to settle out housing, then move beginning of January. There is still a chance that it won't happen but looking pretty sure.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #14
inlovewithhav

Submit Photo: 3
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
I've been MIA awhile due to kids schedules and work but I handle cargo for a large airline and would suggest you find an airline that will allow the pet to ride on the main deck of the aircraft with you. A lot of cargo hulls are not pressurized/temperature controlled and when you transport a horse the are sedated and ride on a converted main deck of the aircraft. I wouldn't suggest sedated an animal the size of our loveable Hav's because it slows the breathing down and would put to much stress on their little systems. I believe that American moves animals on their flights and possibly Quantas. Each airline is different as well as the countries which I am sure you are finding out. I know that Air France allows pets in cabin. I hope this helps and good luck with your move, I believe I will over in IE in May but nothing has been finalized yet.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:43 AM   #15
Kathie

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 11 Times in 11 Posts
How exciting to be moving to England for a few months! I'm glad you found a way to get Coach over there that you feel comfortable with. It sounds like a good service. How long is the flight?