Mats-is it ever okay to cut? - Page 2 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > Grooming

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 01:19 AM   #11
Ewokpup

Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 6 Times in 6 Posts
Havanesesoon-what is RLH? I've seen it mentioned around these here parts before...
Ewokpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:20 AM   #12
ClaireVoyant
Mom to Isabella & Raider

Submit Photo: 16
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewokpup View Post
Havanesesoon-what is RLH? I've seen it mentioned around these here parts before...
RLH is an acronym for Run Like Hell . . .its that little thing our Havanese do when they run like they're being chased by an unseen boo bear, sometimes through the house or in large circles. Isabella does it while making a soft growling noise. I most often see it when she's excited or frustrated about something.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com App

ClaireVoyant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:26 PM   #13
Ewokpup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireVoyant View Post
RLH is an acronym for Run Like Hell . . .its that little thing our Havanese do when they run like they're being chased by an unseen boo bear, sometimes through the house or in large circles. Isabella does it while making a soft growling noise. I most often see it when she's excited or frustrated about something.

That sounds like what we call frappé-ing. We made up the term after reading about the Frenetic Random Activity Period that puppies do (and adult dogs after bath time).
Old 12-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #14
Pixiesmom

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 10 Times in 10 Posts
I cut through the mat too. If I don't take them monthly to the groomer I'm in for it.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #15
ClaireVoyant
Mom to Isabella & Raider

Submit Photo: 16
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewokpup View Post
We made up the term after reading about the Frenetic Random Activity Period that puppies do (and adult dogs after bath time).
I don't recall how old you said your pup was, but Isabella's 17 months and has yet to out grow it . . .and it happens daily, regardless of bath LOL. Most often, in the mornings after we send "daddy" off to work and come back inside. She gets all frustrated . I've had several other breeds over the years but Havanese are the only ones I've experienced this behavior but its usually the highlight of my day watching as she runs up on the sofa, off the other side, around the coffee table, up and over an ottoman then back to the sofa, all at break neck speed while making this funky growl. LOL

ClaireVoyant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #16
Ewokpup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireVoyant View Post
I don't recall how old you said your pup was, but Isabella's 17 months and has yet to out grow it . . .and it happens daily, regardless of bath LOL. Most often, in the mornings after we send "daddy" off to work and come back inside. She gets all frustrated . I've had several other breeds over the years but Havanese are the only ones I've experienced this behavior but its usually the highlight of my day watching as she runs up on the sofa, off the other side, around the coffee table, up and over an ottoman then back to the sofa, all at break neck speed while making this funky growl. LOL

The family yorkie does this after a bath. It's as if she is trying to outrun the water. If she breaks free while we have her in a towel she will run around, run up against the side of the sofa...and make those ewok like growls.

Bama does it in the evening. She also likes to go out back to the fenced in driveway and run in circles. Last time she was just with me she didn't want to stop so I had to drop something and she instantly wanted to fetch it. I'm training her to come to the sound of a whistle, because if she is playing fast she seems to forget she ever graduated level 1 obedience class.

Bama is 6 1/2 months.