how is your Hav with workmen in the house? - Page 2 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #11
SOPHIES-MOM

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Sophie barks her head off until they are in the house.When they pet her she licks them, but when they leave she nips at their heels.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #12
BennyBoy

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Benny barks when the doorbell rings, but once the door is open he just wants to be friendly and get attention. He calms down pretty quickly
Old 12-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #13
Beau's mom
Beau's Mom

Submit Photo: 5
Beau HATES UPS and FedEx trucks! He's okay with the drivers, but he sounds like a Rottweiler in attack mode when the UPS/FedEx trucks come down the street!! As for workmen, he either follows them like a puppy in love OR he dances around them like a prize fighter, refusing to let them touch him. No real rhyme or reason. But, it seems like the nicer the repairman, the less likely Beau is to let them play with him.

They're not my dogs -- I'm their person
Lorraine
Beau's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:23 PM   #14
Anna6

Submit Photo: 2
Nina guards me. I am her human. I also pick her up and introuce the new comer to her. then she is usually nuts about them till they leave. I had a friend come that has never had pets and we could not get Nina off my friend's lap. Fortunately my friend was OK with her.
Anna6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #15
Anna6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOPHIES-MOM View Post
Sophie barks her head off until they are in the house.When they pet her she licks them, but when they leave she nips at their heels.
Nina sometimes nips too. So I try to first figure out how Nina will behave before I let her loose and if in nippy mode she goes in the crate.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #16
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 73 Times in 73 Posts
Kodi barks when someone comes to the door, but as soon as I let them in, he knows they are "OK". He's not buddy-buddy with most people, though, just goes off and minds his own business. He has a few "special friends" that he practically turns himself inside out for, but they are people has knows, and has developed a relationship with.

krandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #17
jabojenny
Jen, Timmy and Mae

Submit Photo: 20
Photo Submissions 15 Times in 15 Posts
Timmy is a barker, he even barks if someone rings a doorbell or knocks on a tv show. I must admit though I was not prepared for the guard dog behavior. I thought Havs weren't supposed to be good guard dogs, could have fooled me!

jabojenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #18
Anna6

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabojenny View Post
I must admit though I was not prepared for the guard dog behavior. I thought Havs weren't supposed to be good guard dogs, could have fooled me!
Yes, I had the same reaction. Nina is definitely a guard dog and she is not always friendly either. These little packages are full of surprises.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #19
whimsy
Evelyn

Photo Submissions 20 Times in 18 Posts
I always feel safe when Whimsy is around. I know she will bark at the door if anything out of the ordinary is going on. I figure if somebody wants to break-in they will change their mind and go to a house where there is no dog barking. No burglar in there right mind is going to want some little dog calling attention to them.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #20
Anna6

Quote:
Originally Posted by whimsy View Post
I always feel safe when Whimsy is around. I know she will bark at the door if anything out of the ordinary is going on. I figure if somebody wants to break-in they will change their mind and go to a house where there is no dog barking. No burglar in there right mind is going to want some little dog calling attention to them.
So true even if Nina is probably only 7 lbs I know she can hear things I can't and will start barking up a storm far beyond her tiny size. It is a safe feeling.