My samsung/android experience - Page 3 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Family and Friends > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop A good place for chit-chat

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #21
dodrop82

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thank you everyone! I so appreciate the input, as I'm not technilogically wired at all!!!! And to have access to a technology NERD.....PRICELESS!!!!
Old 12-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #22
Sheri

Submit Photo: 11
Photo Submissions 12 Times in 10 Posts
I need to save Narci's contact as "techno nerd" for the future... ;-)
Old 12-08-2012, 12:56 AM   #23
narci
Rocky, Oreo's daddy

Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanks. If you have any questions, please do ask. I love helping people, especially when it comes to technology
Old 12-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #24
dodrop82

Another question, Narci...I'm looking for an Ipad 3 on the internet, and can't seem to find one...do you mean and Ipad 3rd generation?
Old 12-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #25
ClaireVoyant
Mom to Isabella & Raider

Submit Photo: 16
I've not ventured in here before now because the title said Samsung/Android and I neither have experience with them nor want experience with them, so avoided it. Little did I know its really an Apple thread

I've had the iPad 1 and the iPad 3 which is really called the NEW iPad. The iPad4 came out this past fall, but is called simply iPad with Retinal Display.

What I love about the 3rd & 4th Gen iPads is Siri . . .asking quick questions, opening apps when I can't find the ones I'm looking for, taking dictation, setting reminders, timers, etc. HUGE timesaver.

If you plan to watch movies, you'll want to consider the 32gb, that's large enough to hold a large number of apps, several hundred songs . . .and still have 6 or 7 gigs available to download a rentable movie.

I agree they're more expensive than the other tablets . . .but just like Apple computers . . .they simply work and work simply. I've been a heavy Mac user since 1988 . . .stuck with them through OS 7 and 9 and even through the painful OS X when nothing the first year ran on anything but native environment, ugh! But through it all, the hardware never once . . .and I mean not even a single time, ever failed me. Not one virus, ever . . .never a single penny spent for someone to do repairs, etc. my Macs have always just worked. That's not to say no one ever has a problem . . .but that there's a reason they consistently rank number one in customer satisfaction . . ,because we just have far fewer problems than the Windoze world. REALLY

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com App

ClaireVoyant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #26
dodrop82

OY!!!! I wish they'd just have one name for things, or it gets real confusing for people like me!!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #27
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 73 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireVoyant View Post
What I love about the 3rd & 4th Gen iPads is Siri . . .asking quick questions, opening apps when I can't find the ones I'm looking for, taking dictation, setting reminders, timers, etc. HUGE timesaver.
I'm glad that SOMEONE can get something out of Siri... I have it on my phone, and NOT ONCE has it EVER done anything useful for me.

One time I got frustrated and said, "I HATE you, Siri!" Obviously, she's heard it before, because she answered back, in a plaintive voice, "WHY do you hate me!?!?"

krandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #28
Sheri

Narci and/or ClaireVoyant, I love my Apple laptop, and when I need a new one, I'll go Apple, again. How long do your laptops last? Mine is about 5 years old and starting to get slow responses. I'm wondering if it is getting close to time for a a new one.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #29
ClaireVoyant
Mom to Isabella & Raider

Submit Photo: 16
Sheri, I bought my last MacBook Pro in 2007. It's still going strong . . .though, admittedly, doesn't get NEAR the use since I bought my first iPad a little over 2 years ago.

I reformat the hard drive every two years and after the second time, don't upgrade the Operating System anymore because I've found, doing so, just causes slow performance. After your computer reaches a certain age, the hardware just can't handle the latest OS optimized for newer hardware . . .so becomes sluggish.

ClaireVoyant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #30
Sheri

Thank you, ClaireVoyant. Now I'll just need to find out what reformatting the hard drive is. Ha! Did I mention I'm technologically challenged? No one I know uses Apple, and the nearest Apple store is about 2 hours away.