My samsung/android experience - Page 4 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Family and Friends > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop A good place for chit-chat

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 06:51 AM   #31
siewhwee

Submit Photo: 19
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
So has anyone installed the iOS 6.0.1 in their iPad 2 and iPhone 4S? Am hesitating to do it because am hearing a lot of negative comments about it. What happens II you do not install it?
siewhwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:31 AM   #32
ClaireVoyant
Mom to Isabella & Raider

Submit Photo: 16
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by siewhwee View Post
So has anyone installed the iOS 6.0.1 in their iPad 2 and iPhone 4S? Am hesitating to do it because am hearing a lot of negative comments about it. What happens II you do not install it?
I have it on my 4S and 3rd Gen iPad. If you already have 6.0 then 6.0.1 just fixes some bugs. If you're still using iOS 5 and you rely heavily on the maps app . . .you might want to put off upgrading for a bit.

As far as what will happen if you don't install it . . .currently, nothing. New apps are usually optimized to work on the current and last versions of iOS. If you wait until iOS7 release, you should be ok, much after becomes dicey.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com App

ClaireVoyant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:38 AM   #33
siewhwee

Thanks. Will wait a bit , and see. Was reading that many people lost wi-fi capabilities when they installed it.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #34
ClaireVoyant
Mom to Isabella & Raider

Really? I haven't experienced or heard about that . . .however, my wifi is dropped a LOT while home and my data plan kicks in since the upgrade. I did everything I could think of to stop it because it was eating too much of my data, but fixed it by turning off my data while home, which forces my iPad to use the wifi and haven't had any trouble since. Hopefully this will be fixed in a near future upgrade.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #35
ClaireVoyant
Mom to Isabella & Raider

But can I just say this about all the problems lately? As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I LOVE Apple. But I'm sensing some disturbing changes at Apple since Steve Jobs passed and it appears that's trickling into the mainstream now. Apple stock has lost nearly 20% of its value in the past three months. There's a REASON Jobs kept upcoming announcements tightly under wraps until the big announcement . . .there's never as much excitement as the first unveiling. I was extremely disappointed to see iPad mini pics a couple of months prior to the official announcement and the rumor they were coming for eight months prior. But when Cook made his mia culpa regarding the Maps app and told users to visit the App Store for something better . . .we bought Puts. Steve Jobs tongue would have fallen out of his head before giving such an apology because what it costs a corporation in public confidence is huge and not easily gained back

Old 12-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #36
Sheri

Submit Photo: 11
Photo Submissions 12 Times in 10 Posts
Hey, does anyone know if I can use Pandora Radio on my phone, (plugging it into the car speakers,) without using up my minutes? In other words, without raising my phone bill. (I don't have the unlimited plan.)
Old 12-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #37
ClaireVoyant
Mom to Isabella & Raider

Not if you're sitting in your garage . But away from wifi, Pandora had to access the Internet somehow . . .and does so through the cellular data. So if you wish to listen to tunes through your phone away from home, they must already have been placed in your iTunes because live streaming uses data

Old 12-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #38
Sheri

Submit Photo: 11
Photo Submissions 12 Times in 10 Posts
Thanks. Rats.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #39
siewhwee

I read the wifi problems in the apple support blog, that's why I hesitate installing the iOS 6.0.1.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #40
ClaireVoyant
Mom to Isabella & Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by siewhwee View Post
I read the wifi problems in the apple support blog, that's why I hesitate installing the iOS 6.0.1.
Just looked it up . . .if you have 6.0 already, you won't experience new wifi problems by updating. However, some who upgraded from iOS 5 to 6.0 have experienced problems connecting to a wifi network, though the article I read doesn't specify what generation their iPhone was that are experiencing the problem. Most often when those type bugs affect a small percentage, its due to older devices being upgraded. Before the iOS release, they're heavily tested on current and previous versions but only back so far. In my home, four iPads and three iPhones (oldest was iPhone 3G) were upgraded from iOS 5 something to iOS6 with no problems other than the maps snafu that everyone who upgraded has experienced.