Pee Pad Brands Disposable Kind - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > Training Tips and Advice

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Pee Pad Brands Disposable Kind
Old 10-06-2012, 06:41 AM   #1
souffle
Our Little Girl

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pee Pad Brands Disposable Kind

So I was going to purchase some disposable pee pads and now reading some really mixed reviews on the Out brand of pee pads as some say they have changed and become thinner and leak more. My plan is to use eventually in the Ugodog. However I still don't want it to leak. Any suggestions or advice concerning this or other brand suggestions?

Thanks!
Souffle
souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #2
angiern2004

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 6 Times in 6 Posts
I don't think so. That's my favorite brand. I'm always disappointed with any other brand I buy.

If you buy one pack and try em out, and end up not liking them, you can always buy a different one next time.

Trooper is a Moptop boy! If only I could think up a registered name...
angiern2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
souffle
Our Little Girl

Okay and I read that the OUT brand is different between Walmart and Target? AS in the quality of the OUT product is different. Strange! Where do you get yours at?

Thanks!
Souffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiern2004 View Post
I don't think so. That's my favorite brand. I'm always disappointed with any other brand I buy.

If you buy one pack and try em out, and end up not liking them, you can always buy a different one next time.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:32 PM   #4
angiern2004

Wally World.

Old 10-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #5
souffle
Our Little Girl

Okay I will go ahead and order them from there then, thank you for that feedback!

Souffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiern2004 View Post
Wally World.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #6
veridea

I've always used the PC brand pads (President's Choice, available in Canada) and they've been great! I recently bought Out, as they were on sale, to give them a try.

They must have something in them that attracts Pickles to them, because he immediately peed more on them than he normally would. They also worked well when we brought him to other people's homes. But they leaked like crazy! And sometimes I'd take one out of the package to find it stuck together to another one! And I think the attractant in it made Pickles pee more often. Now that I've gone back to the PC brand, I've noticed a big difference in absorbancy, as well as how often he uses it.

Last edited by veridea; 12-08-2012 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Typos!
veridea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #7
ClaireVoyant
Mom to Isabella & Raider

Submit Photo: 16
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
I don't recall what I paid for my last box of pee pads, but they're generic brand from TJ Max and were way less than what the big box pet stores carry. In fact, I've found, not only is TJ Max way cheaper for doggie items, they have a nice selection, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com App

ClaireVoyant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #8
kristin08

I tried the OUT brand pee pads once when I could't find the kind I normally buy. Never again! They are gross feeling and dont absorb well at all. And really thin and cheap feeling. When Sawyer would pee on them, even hours later it looked like the pee was just pooled on top of the pad. So gross I found the Purina brand early on at Petsmart or Petco that I really liked. They are a different material than the normal pee pads and are super absorbent. They don't smell either. At first, I was concerned about the price, but then I ran across the same exact pee pad by Purina, just in different packaging (still Purina brand) at Walmart for sooooo much cheaper! They no longer carry them in stores that I could find, and I bought some online a couple months ago. However, I just looked and couldnt find them online!! Let you know if I find out where to get them.
kristin08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:59 AM   #9
angiern2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin08 View Post
I tried the OUT brand pee pads once when I could't find the kind I normally buy. Never again! They are gross feeling and dont absorb well at all. And really thin and cheap feeling. When Sawyer would pee on them, even hours later it looked like the pee was just pooled on top of the pad. So gross I found the Purina brand early on at Petsmart or Petco that I really liked. They are a different material than the normal pee pads and are super absorbent. They don't smell either. At first, I was concerned about the price, but then I ran across the same exact pee pad by Purina, just in different packaging (still Purina brand) at Walmart for sooooo much cheaper! They no longer carry them in stores that I could find, and I bought some online a couple months ago. However, I just looked and couldnt find them online!! Let you know if I find out where to get them.

Interesting. I've never had that experience with the Out brand. I've had that experience with some brand I bought at Target and some brand I bought at Big Lots. These two other brands I tried had a backing that felt like paper, instead of plasticky, and hated them.

I do think there are two versions of Out pads, though. The ones from Walmart are in a white bag and have "moisture lock". That's the kind I buy. I have seen another version of Out pads on the Internet that are in a yellow and pink bag that do not appear to have the moisture lock. Maybe that's the key.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:17 AM   #10
jetsetgo!
Mom to Toro

Submit Photo: 3
We use the biodegradable ones by CleanGoPet.