So where does your Hav ride in the car??? - Page 2 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #11
sprorchid
Jacqueline

Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 7 Times in 7 Posts
I ride motorcycles, and here in CA, cell phones in use are supposed to be hands free.

I don't want to see any of that. no talking on your cell, texting (the worst), putting your lipstick or mascara on, or lap dogs. one time, on the freeway, I saw a lady driving and eating cereal, with milk. yup, in a bowl.
sprorchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #12
narci
Rocky, Oreo's daddy

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprorchid View Post
I ride motorcycles, and here in CA, cell phones in use are supposed to be hands free.

I don't want to see any of that. no talking on your cell, texting (the worst), putting your lipstick or mascara on, or lap dogs. one time, on the freeway, I saw a lady driving and eating cereal, with milk. yup, in a bowl.
I've actually seen a motorcyclist riding with a small dog sitting on the gas tank of a motorcycle. His arms were keeping it on the tank haha
Old 12-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #13
sprorchid
Jacqueline

Photo Submissions 7 Times in 7 Posts
ppl actually ask me that, and I would never take my dog or a passenger on a bike. just not worth it if anything happened.

I will say though, as for my little guy and driving in cars, he's always ridden in my lap. I know I'm a bad mommy. the reality is, due to his sideways growth, and the fact that I drive a miata, he might be riding in the passenger seat very soon (with a harness of course).

Last edited by sprorchid; 12-07-2012 at 01:32 PM.
sprorchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #14
misstray

Photo Submissions 10 Times in 10 Posts
I have the solvit jumbo booster seat that buckles in with a seat belt (mostly I have it so 1. he can see out the window and 2. he doesn't get my car seats dirty). I have it in my back seat where I think it's safer. I don't use the restraint in it as it seemed flimsy, instead I use the solvit safety harness that consists of a pretty sturdy harness along with a seat belt type of attachment that is nice and strong firmly connects to the seat belt.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself.
- Josh Billings
misstray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #15
Luciledodd

Photo Submissions 9 Times in 9 Posts
Just where I would put my grandbabies--in the back seat in a car seat made for dogs with a good restraint, and fastened in the same way the baby seats are.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #16
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 73 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau's mom View Post
Beau is miserable in the car without a booster seat! He just doesn't settle down unless he can look out the window! We invested in a good car seat (after dealing with the hassle and uncertainty of a cheapie when he was a puppy) so that he is secure and comfortable. He has a soft harness (puppia) that has 2 D-rings that I use when he's in the car that the tether clips onto very securely.
It's not the harness I'd worry about, (though those can be a problem too) but the tether itself. Those, especially the hardware, are what have been breaking in test crashes.

krandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #17
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 73 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by narci View Post
I've actually seen a motorcyclist riding with a small dog sitting on the gas tank of a motorcycle. His arms were keeping it on the tank haha
My brother has a friend who is a motorcycle-driving priest. He has a Pomeranian who goes EVERYWHERE with him. He has a sidecar just for the dog.

krandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:12 PM   #18
lfung5
LINDA

Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 31 Times in 28 Posts
I have 3 lookout car seats across the back seat of my car. My guys wear a harness and are strapped in. Some of the clips on the straps open on impact, so I replaced them with a steel carabiner.

It's very dangerous to let any dog ride free in a car. If you get in an accident, they can go flying through the window....If they survive the crash, they can get hit by a car or run away out of fear.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:50 AM   #19
Lola :)

Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkwilson View Post
We use... here's a pic. A lot of folks on the forum have them but the name is escaping me. Hit hooks over the headrest of the back seat in the center. He never tries to jump out, looks out some of the time, but mostly just curls up and sleeps
I have one of these for Lola too, keeps her safe and cozy. It's great!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #20
littlebuddy

Photo Submissions 9 Times in 9 Posts
Django loves his car seat. He sits up front with me on the passenger side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (28.7 KB, 59 views)
littlebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote