So where does your Hav ride in the car??? - Page 3 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #21
Moe's Gram
and Rae's too!

Submit Photo: 11
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
Regardless, all pets should be restrained in some way EVERY time they are in the car. I was recently in an accident a few blocks from my home with both dogs in the car with me. It was in a residential neighborhood at an intersection and we all got quite a jolt. Both dogs were in the backseat in their car harnesses and impact was on the front passenger door. Maddux was on that side in the back and seemed to be the most affected by the whole thing. Both were quite shaken up and acted very spooked for the reamainder of the day. Maddux did vomit several times and both had diahreah for several days. I think it was just the trauma (emotionally more than physically). They were checked by the vet and found to be fine.

I hate to think if this had happened out on the highway at higher speeds, especially if they had not been restrained in any way.

I know its a hassle to buckle up everytime but so worth it when you think of what could happen.
The Following User Nominates Moe's Gram Great Photo:
ClaireVoyant (12-12-2012)
Old 12-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #22
BennyBoy

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
I need to get a car seat for Benny. He rarely ever goes in the car since he pukes every time. I keep meaning to order one like my mom has for her Hav... I ma hoping that the car seat may help with the car sickness (that, and him getting older).
Old 12-12-2012, 09:41 AM   #23
Suzi

Submit Photo: 14
Photo Submissions 34 Times in 34 Posts
I have a Jeta wagon and their travel create is in the back end. They love going in the car because they know we going for a run somewhere. When I turn off the motor Zoey barks and barks to let her out. Its funny because the create is small for the two of them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg car ride.JPG (61.8 KB, 1 views)
Old 12-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #24
ClaireVoyant
Mom to Isabella & Raider

Submit Photo: 16
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe's Gram View Post
Regardless, all pets should be restrained in some way EVERY time they are in the car. I was recently in an accident a few blocks from my home with both dogs in the car with me. It was in a residential neighborhood at an intersection and we all got quite a jolt. Both dogs were in the backseat in their car harnesses and impact was on the front passenger door. Maddux was on that side in the back and seemed to be the most affected by the whole thing. Both were quite shaken up and acted very spooked for the reamainder of the day. Maddux did vomit several times and both had diahreah for several days. I think it was just the trauma (emotionally more than physically). They were checked by the vet and found to be fine.

I hate to think if this had happened out on the highway at higher speeds, especially if they had not been restrained in any way.

I know its a hassle to buckle up everytime but so worth it when you think of what could happen.
Wow, if that's not a great testimony for why our precious pets belong restrained, I don't know what is. Poor little guys, of course they were shaken up . . .but considering, unrestrained, if you were even going only 40 mph, their little bodies would have continued traveling at that speed through the car and right out the windshield. Aside from being something of a missile, posing a danger to all car passengers . . .these precious dogs could have been seriously injured or killed.

It's inconvenient, I know . . .but their safety and yours is more important and its always time well spent. Thanks for sharing your story and thank God you're hear to tell about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com App

ClaireVoyant is offline   Reply With Quote