does your hav alert you to things?? - Page 2 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 06:55 AM   #11
spiffylike
Kat

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
Hahaha! These are all so cute!

Freddie will let out a little growl when someone comes in the house late at night, as if he's saying "it's past the time when people should be coming over!"

He's also taken to barking/growling when my boyfriend gets up in the morning, thinking there's a stranger in the house. As soon as he sees it's him, it's all wiggle butts and puppy kisses.

He will run to the back door if he hears a car door close that he thinks is mine. He did this the other night when everyone was home and I looked at him and said "it's not me! Everyone's here!"

I've also noticed that he sticks in nose in places where he's lost a toy (e.g. in the crevice between the stove and the cabinet where he managed to lose his antler, or under the garbage can where he lost his little tennis ball!)
Old 12-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #12
Suzi

Submit Photo: 14
Photo Submissions 35 Times in 35 Posts
Everyone is going to think I'm nuts well I probably am Ive learned to except it. Hear it goes I moved into a very old house in November the first night I was hear the dogs woke me up in the middle of the night no barking just startled. I saw a flashing moving across my bedroom very eerie. We have had several middle of the night strange things happen. A mirror crashed of my bathroom wall, my door to my bedroom rattled and rattled and then just stopped. They have gotten to the point where they bark now I don't notice anything. I have lived at four other homes before this one with them and the only other times I got woken up was they could hear deers in the yard or someone coming home.
Anyway I said something to my neighbor and I guess I'm not the first person to have had this experience the house was built in 1906 and I was told it was a brothel . I would love to try to research more and find out who my house guest goast is. Otherwise mine let me know so many other things I just thought this story was the best.
Does anyone else have a Goast?
Old 12-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #13
davetgabby
Dave T

Submit Photo: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
Everyone is going to think I'm nuts well I probably am Ive learned to except it. Hear it goes I moved into a very old house in November the first night I was hear the dogs woke me up in the middle of the night no barking just startled. I saw a flashing moving across my bedroom very eerie. We have had several middle of the night strange things happen. A mirror crashed of my bathroom wall, my door to my bedroom rattled and rattled and then just stopped. They have gotten to the point where they bark now I don't notice anything. I have lived at four other homes before this one with them and the only other times I got woken up was they could hear deers in the yard or someone coming home.
Anyway I said something to my neighbor and I guess I'm not the first person to have had this experience the house was built in 1906 and I was told it was a brothel . I would love to try to research more and find out who my house guest goast is. Otherwise mine let me know so many other things I just thought this story was the best.
Does anyone else have a Goast?
davetgabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:40 AM   #14
misstray

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 10 Times in 10 Posts
Brody goes bonkers when the timer goes off on my stove.

In general he alerts me to EVERYTHING. He somehow thinks it's his job to bark, growl and let me know if he hears an ant fart 6 miles away!

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself.
- Josh Billings
misstray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #15
davetgabby
Dave T

Quote:
Originally Posted by misstray View Post
Brody goes bonkers when the timer goes off on my stove.

In general he alerts me to EVERYTHING. He somehow thinks it's his job to bark, growl and let me know if he hears an ant fart 6 miles away!
davetgabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #16
Gabs

Submit Photo: 10
Photo Submissions 6 Times in 6 Posts
Gabby doesn't miss anything (ppl at the door, dogs outside on their walks, microwave timer etc). The most useful thing she alerts me to is the phone ringing. When I have the vacuum on and the phone rings I can't hear it but she runs to me with her ears up and then she runs to the phone! Its the cutest thing
Old 12-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #17
Ruthi
havilove

Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
Otis alerts me at anything out of the ordinary. I always know when it is 10 pm. cause he is at the bedroom door looking at me, letting me know he is ready for bed.
Ruthi is offline   Reply With Quote