Looking for a warm coat for my 13 week pup! - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Looking for a warm coat for my 13 week pup!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:59 PM   #1
souffle
Our Little Girl

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looking for a warm coat for my 13 week pup!

Looking for a nice warm coat for my puppy and overwhelmed with the choices out there. Would be worn for short walks outside... we may get a tad snow at some point too this Winter.

Suggestions of companies you like?

Thanks!!
souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:52 AM   #2
lfung5
LINDA

Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 31 Times in 28 Posts
Welcome! Check out my post Gearing up for the cold. I love the Royalfifi.net site. Everything is custom fit!
Old 12-15-2012, 07:19 AM   #3
Tuss

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 8 Times in 8 Posts
Your puppy is going to grow so a sweater is probably a better idea than a coat. get it a bit big so he'll grow into it and make sure it's a stretchy knit that is forgiving. Wait until next winter to invest in expensive fancy winter wear as he'll be able to use it for several years.

my hav is fine outside until it gets to be about -5 C and then she gets chilly after about 10 or 15 minutes. Above that and she is just fine. Puppies will be more sensitive to the cold.

Tuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:35 AM   #4
Suzi

Submit Photo: 14
Photo Submissions 37 Times in 37 Posts
You can get inexpensive ones at pet smart or pet co.We have a store called TJ Max and they have very nice dog coats and sweaters for a great price.I think at that age I bought size X Small or maybe S. I used a hoodie for Maddie her first winter.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #5
Lola :)

Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
Definitely buy on the larger size. Lola is 5months and has gone from a size xxs and she is now an xs but working her way up to a small and she is only around 5pounds! I love the ones from Petco, but they are on the expensive side. Also like someone mentioned, TJMaxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods (all the same company) are great places for all pet gear, supplies, and beds! They usually have a lot of great items/brands at a fraction of the cost. I've gotten many of Lola's things from all three stores: beds, clothes, poop bags, bowls, and toys. Your little boy is sooo cute!! Too bad him and Lola can't meet for a playdate
Old 12-16-2012, 07:43 PM   #6
souffle
Our Little Girl

I didn't even think of those other stores for dog supplies, thank you! I will definitely check them out. My little girl looks a lot like Lola too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola :) View Post
Definitely buy on the larger size. Lola is 5months and has gone from a size xxs and she is now an xs but working her way up to a small and she is only around 5pounds! I love the ones from Petco, but they are on the expensive side. Also like someone mentioned, TJMaxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods (all the same company) are great places for all pet gear, supplies, and beds! They usually have a lot of great items/brands at a fraction of the cost. I've gotten many of Lola's things from all three stores: beds, clothes, poop bags, bowls, and toys. Your little boy is sooo cute!! Too bad him and Lola can't meet for a playdate

Website Design, SEO, Logo Design
& Lover of the Havanese
President
http://www.BOINGworks.com
Old 12-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #7
Lola :)

Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
I'm glad I could help, I hope you find some goodies!! Your little girl is SO beautiful and sweet!! What great coloring she has! Too bad her and Lola aren't close enough for a playdate
Old 12-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #8
souffle
Our Little Girl

Well thank you she sure does have beautiful coloring but Lola is gorgeous too!!! Thanks Again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola :) View Post
I'm glad I could help, I hope you find some goodies!! Your little girl is SO beautiful and sweet!! What great coloring she has! Too bad her and Lola aren't close enough for a playdate

Website Design, SEO, Logo Design
& Lover of the Havanese
President
http://www.BOINGworks.com