Reaching adult weight? - Page 3 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > Puppy Area

Puppy Area * Do not advertise dogs for sale here*

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #21
Anna6

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Nina is 7 1/2 months and probably close to that 7 1/2 lb in weight. She is very athletic and my kids run with her alover our property. She is muscular for a little dog.
Anna6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #22
Anna6

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleysmom View Post
Charley is about 13 pounds and his parents are 11-12 pounds. I was concerned about his weight and have actually cut back on his food. I think he has slimmed a little bit although he wasn't overweight to start with. He'll be a year old on the 22nd and I think he had stopped growing but who knows. Anyway, 6 months is weigh (no pun intended) too earlier to tell adult weight.
He is stunning!
Anna6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:19 PM   #23
DawnH

Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
I know this is an old post but am curious because Manny's weight hasn't changed in a month. I buy his flee/tick pill monthly because he was close to the weight for a higher dosage so he's been weighed every month. Last month he weighed 9lbs, 4 ozs. When he was weighed again today he's still 9lbs, 4 ozs. and is 27 weeks old today. Do they start slowing down on weight gain this young or can I expect a spurt in his weight? Over the last two weeks I've seen a noticeable increase in his height but he seems to have really slimmed down.
DawnH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:26 AM   #24
Pucks104

Submit Photo: 29
Photo Submissions 13 Times in 13 Posts
Leo stopped growing height-wise at 6 months (9 and 7/8 inches at the shoulder) and has been the same weight (10.8-11 lbs) since about 7.5 months. He is now almost 15 months old.

Last edited by Pucks104; 05-09-2014 at 05:30 AM.
Pucks104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:25 AM   #25
Karen Collins

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
My Hav is intact and extremely active. She is on the petite side with structure. This was her weight progression.
11 weeks - 4.0 lbs
8 months - 8.4 lbs
16 months - 8.6 lbs
22 months - 9.3 lbs
36 months - 10.4 lbs
Just to note, Dance has always been painfully thin until her first litter of puppies. Now she has filled out nicely and is at an ideal weight for her build. I don't expect her to get any bigger. A neutered dog might reach their mature adult weight more quickly.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:22 AM   #26
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 73 Times in 73 Posts
Kodi reached his full height/weight around 10 months. He's 5 years old now and STILL the same weight. (though he has an appetite like a Labrador… left to his own devices, I suspect he's look like a balloon and weigh twice as much!)

krandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:09 AM   #27
DawnH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Collins View Post
My Hav is intact and extremely active. She is on the petite side with structure. This was her weight progression.
Manny seems thin to me but I'm comparing him to my Pugs who were much more substantial and "big boned" for a toy breed. I've thought about it and realize that I've cut back on his treats a lot in the past month because he's not in training right now plus he's learned to obey without the treat bribes. I think I just worry more about him because he is so little.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:10 AM   #28
kristin08

Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Definitely can't go by the parents weight. Sawyer's mom was 9 pounds, dad was 11 pounds and Sawyer at 2 is 17 pounds Not overweight at all, just big. He was always the bigger of the two puppies though, so much that he was called Tubby and his brother was Tiny. Ha. Here is a pic from around Christmas with a fresh haircut (which makes a huge difference, because his hair is much longer now and he looks twice as big around).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5807.jpg (2.01 MB, 1 views)
kristin08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:13 AM   #29
DawnH

Quote:
Originally Posted by krandall View Post
Kodi reached his full height/weight around 10 months. He's 5 years old now and STILL the same weight. (though he has an appetite like a Labrador… left to his own devices, I suspect he's look like a balloon and weigh twice as much!)
Manny is eating more because he loves his food now. He's pretty picky. He loves it one day then turns his nose up to it the next. Why I love the Fromm's because of the variety of proteins they make. I change up the proteins and he seems happier now.
Old 05-24-2014, 12:37 PM   #30
jderock
Charlie D.

Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
We'll I guess Charlie is not that big! We do walk a lot and he loves to play soccer. I need to get out his airplane carrier and see if he is still comfortable in it. He is a very good traveller so I would hate to not be able to fly with him.
jderock is offline   Reply With Quote