What is the most expensive thing your Hav has destroyed/eaten? - Page 2 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #11
emichel

Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 5 Times in 5 Posts
Same here with the glasses. I always leave them on my bedside stand and he had never bothered them before, then all of a sudden discovered they were a fun toy. Fortunately I was overdue for getting a new pair, but still, it was a little inconvenient. The little bugger. Last night he chewed the covers on 2 library books. I hardly even read books any more, I read them on my Kindle, which I am careful to keep out of his way. Too bad that sometimes it's hard to know what you need to hide until it's too late!
-- Eileen
emichel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #12
Missy

Submit Photo: 27
Photo Submissions 46 Times in 33 Posts
sigh.... Cash: a digestive/allergy system that can only handle Bi$on. a beautiful oriental rug that in an emergency looks a lot more like grass than the floor. And as a puppy, chewing the underside support system of a wicker chair one side at a time til he was chewing the dowel like a bully.

Jasper: has misplaced anal glands which require a vets $32 butt squeeze every 4 to 8 weeks...sigh... as a puppy Jasper loved to chew mouth level wooden french doors, and baseboards...he's 7 and the damage has yet to be repaired.

Both: scratch all furniture to make a bed...and have scratched to pieces the same ill fated french door to go out. sigh...
Old 12-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #13
Ruthi
havilove

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
Designer glasses, ugh.........
Ruthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #14
Murphysmom2011

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow! I guess I am not doing too badly. Murphy really has not destroyed anything until the retainer. He has shredded lots of paper. He did take a couple dollars out of my purse once (I left the purse open with the money on top) but did not eat it.

I will have to keep an eye on my glasses since some of you have had problems with those. I leave them by my bed and he could easily snag them when I am in the bathroom.

Murphy's favorite things to take are socks and hair bands. Luckily he doesn't destroy those. He is the stealth dog when he does it. And he always takes his "prize" into the dining room. A couple of times I have not noticed until he came and got me to show me what he had pilfered from the laundry basket.

Poor guy is looking longingly at the presents on the other side of the ex-pen. One more week and he can rip his open!
Murphysmom2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:33 PM   #15
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 73 Times in 73 Posts
When Kodi was a little puppy he destroyed a couple of throw pillows. Then we put them away until he grew up. He was TERRIBLE going after the fringe on our orientals. (and we have them in every room in the house) We solved that problem by pinning strips of cloth to them doused in hot sauce. Otherwise, he's really pretty much left household furnishings alone.

OTOH he is DEATH on his toys. We have spent a fortune on replacing de-squeaked, de-stuffed toys.

krandall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #16
jabojenny
Jen, Timmy and Mae

Submit Photo: 20
Photo Submissions 15 Times in 15 Posts
I'm cracking up, I have two girls, 13 and 16 so I know what you are referring to in regards to their rooms Disneyland/Doggie Wonderland/Holy Grail of doggy items! I have gates set up in my house, not for Timmy, but to keep him away from where they have been. My older daughter sews, knits, beads etc... I can only imaging what would happen if he had free reign in her room. Timmy hasn't really ruined anything but he's obsessed with one of my daughters Ugg's. I texted her a picture of him carrying them around, she was up in her room, she came down immediately, much easier then me having to yell up to her.

jabojenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #17
Murphysmom2011

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabojenny View Post
I'm cracking up, I have two girls, 13 and 16 so I know what you are referring to in regards to their rooms Disneyland/Doggie Wonderland/Holy Grail of doggy items! I have gates set up in my house, not for Timmy, but to keep him away from where they have been. My older daughter sews, knits, beads etc... I can only imaging what would happen if he had free reign in her room. Timmy hasn't really ruined anything but he's obsessed with one of my daughters Ugg's. I texted her a picture of him carrying them around, she was up in her room, she came down immediately, much easier then me having to yell up to her.
Murphy LOVES to take my daughter's Ugg's also. I crack up at him trying to run with the boot when I find him with one. He loves chewing on the lining. So far he has not destroyed one yet. My daughter just does not seem to remember to put the boots up. I like your idea of texting a picture rather than yelling. I may have to try that method next time.
Murphysmom2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #18
lfung5
LINDA

Photo Submissions 31 Times in 28 Posts
The only thing that was every destroyed was a blue tooth ear piece. My ex husband left it on the floor when Scud was a pup. What did my husband expect???

I've been lucky, my guys have never been destructive.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:22 PM   #19
lise

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 12 Times in 12 Posts
Ted hasn't destroyed anything yet but I too am at home to keep an eye on him. I learned from a previous dog that my glasses are to be on my face or out of reach. I also keep my phone and IPad up high too.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #20
Ewokpup

Photo Submissions 5 Times in 5 Posts
It wasn't expensive...but...
My iPhone 5 lightning cable. She managed to get to it and chew so the wires were exposed (while not plugged in). It still worked but it was a safety risk.

And of course she did this soon after the phones came out while there was a cable shortage. You couldn't find them on amazon, at cell phone stores or even in best buy. I was lucky there was an apple store in town and they had one in stock. Otherwise I would have been unable to charge my phone.
Ewokpup is offline   Reply With Quote