Bloody bottom - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Bloody bottom
Old 12-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
littlebuddy

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 9 Times in 9 Posts
Bloody bottom

Django went out back to poop this afternoon and as usual, I took a baby wipe to clean the back end. This time i noticed a smear of blood on the wipe. I called the vet immediately and he told as long as he was acting okay not to worry at this time but to keep an eye on things and if it occurs again to call immediately.

His stool had been a bit soft and today it was actually pretty good. He's been a little out of sorts but nothing out of the ordinary. Has anyone experienced anything like this before? He's not in pain, sleeping on his fav. blanket. Business as usual.
littlebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #2
Becky Chittenden

Photo Submissions 6 Times in 6 Posts
I think the vet gave the best advice you can get. Sometimes, if a dog has had a bit of tummy distress, they have a bit of blood in their stool, not to worry if everything else is ok. Just keep an eye out for more.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #3
davetgabby
Dave T

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 35 Times in 35 Posts
yep same thoughts here.
davetgabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #4
mmphelps
Tino's person

Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Tino had the same thing when he was 11 or 12 weeks. How old is Django? I took in a stool sample just to be sure, and it was clear. Tino was his usual happy self. Still don't know what caused it but it only happened once and was no biggie. Keep an eye on it and let us know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Old 12-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #5
littlebuddy

D will be 9 next month and I took a stool sample 5 weeks ago when we went to the vet for our shot. He was just in again last wednesday. Will keep an eye on him. I'm a bit of a worrier
Old 12-20-2012, 12:56 PM   #6
littlebuddy

Well, we had a bloody bottom again this morning. Took a stool sample and it came back positive for clostridium. This has been a problem before, I know with the Addisons his entire system has been compromised so he can't fight off the bacteria in his belly.

On 10 day so flagyl. This stuff works great for him. He's in better spirits today. HOpefully whatever it was has is slowly working it's way through his tiny system. I knew he was a little off this past week as well but couldn't figure out what was going on. I thought it was because he was a day late (due to thanksgiving holiday) getting his Precortin shot.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #7
davetgabby
Dave T

you sure have a battle with him. Glad he is feeling better. Is he on probiotics?
Old 12-20-2012, 04:38 PM   #8
littlebuddy

Yup, daily probiotics. I am waiting to take him to the allergist on the 11th and then it's an email to Sabina. Already touched based with her a few weeks ago.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #9
davetgabby
Dave T

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebuddy View Post
Yup, daily probiotics. I am waiting to take him to the allergist on the 11th and then it's an email to Sabina. Already touched based with her a few weeks ago.
good stuff, it's Sabine though, lol