Found an amazing conditioner for white coats - Page 3 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > Grooming

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #21
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 73 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TilliesMom View Post
hands down Chris Christensen Spectrum 10 Shampoo and conditioner. and the CC #05 buttercomb. end of story. lol although thier coats DO change as they grow, so this combo works fantastic for Tillie NOW at 2 1/2 yrs old ... not sure if it would have when she was younger... I just started using it maybe 6 months ago. Up until then I was using Biogroom Superwhite along with a human conditioner - Palmers Coconut Deep Conditioning protein Pack.
I still use the Superwhite, but usually use the CC Spectrum 10 conditioner now. The Biogroom conditioner worked great when he was younger, but now it seems to weigh his hair down after a few days. Also, even though it SEEMS more expensive, it is so concentrated that a little goes a long way.

krandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:04 PM   #22
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 73 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
I did notice a huge difference in Zoey's last bath because my new apartment has a hand held shower head that really rinses a lot better than what I had been using. I also gave her a total spa bath where she was almost swimming. I first used a really strong conditioning product called Protect A Coat. I just read the label and it does cause build up. I would like a product that doesn't build up.
It definitely makes a HUGE difference ifyou don't rinse them well. While we were on vacation in the fall, I gave Kodi a bath. We were having trouble with thewater preassure in the shower, and I didn't get him rinsed. Well enough. Itwas VERY obvious when he was dry... Not nearly as silkyand shiny as he usually is.

krandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:21 PM   #23
nlb
Nicki:Cassie & Roo's mom

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 8 Times in 7 Posts
For those that didn't see my post about two weeks ago. I started using "Aussie Moist" conditioner on Cassie and really liked how light and soft it left her coat. You can get it at the supermarket. I think she has a cotton type coat too. Thanks for the Fur Butter recomend. I'll keep it in mind.

Nicki, Cassie, & Roo
nlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:26 AM   #24
Sparkle

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I'll try your winning combos!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #25
Suzi

Submit Photo: 14
Photo Submissions 37 Times in 37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlb View Post
For those that didn't see my post about two weeks ago. I started using "Aussie Moist" conditioner on Cassie and really liked how light and soft it left her coat. You can get it at the supermarket. I think she has a cotton type coat too. Thanks for the Fur Butter recomend. I'll keep it in mind.
I have been using that too! And I like it just as well as any thing I have ever used.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:59 AM   #26
Suzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
You're very welcome!! I'm glad to hear someone else had the same fabulous results.

Every 3-4 weeks, I've been using one of those Neutrogena clarifying shampoos to get rid of build up and I squeeze some lemon juice into the mix (the shampoo/ some water to dilute and a lemon) and I take out the buildup that way and generally after I do that, I get the same fabulous 1st time result with the conditioner.

You may not have to do that, but Gucci gets a bath every week, so buildup is an issue with her coat and the gazillion products i've tried

Kara

Did someone want me to send them the Ziggys? From what I've read it works great with non cotton spots coats?
It is such a good idea to pass on products that we don't use. Augies and Finns mom just sent me a nice box full of all the shampoos and conditioners she doesn't use. I had really wanted to try the pure paws H20 and had actually told her about it. Well she bought it and didn't like it so I finally get to try it.She also sent the combo she use's on Augie which I think will be nice for Maddie. And about four other products. It really is Christmas! Thank you Linda.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #27
Tia

Submit Photo: 4
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
As I am very new to all this what a great post!! I have a question though what is the difference between using human dog products to pet made ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Tianna & Doug
Tia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #28
Suzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia View Post
As I am very new to all this what a great post!! I have a question though what is the difference between using human dog products to pet made ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Nothing its all the same. Some more expensive human shampoos have less water and more ingredients that don't damage or dry out the hair. I still haven't tried baby shampoo on the sisters but I want to.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #29
motherslittlehelper
Linda

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 22 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
It is such a good idea to pass on products that we don't use. Augies and Finns mom just sent me a nice box full of all the shampoos and conditioners she doesn't use. I had really wanted to try the pure paws H20 and had actually told her about it. Well she bought it and didn't like it so I finally get to try it.She also sent the combo she use's on Augie which I think will be nice for Maddie. And about four other products. It really is Christmas! Thank you Linda.
You're welcome, Suzi! Now I have room in my bathroom for a couple more! Seriously, I hope they will work for you; if not, maybe you know someone who might like to try them.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #30
Caroline

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks- great suggestions to try. I want to try a whitening shampoo on Misty, who is white with just a little silver in her ears, so that should be fine. But- has anyone used whitening shampoos with dogs that are light colored, or partially white? Is it OK to use? I thought it might also help lighten their coats, but would it fade instead?

I posted a pic of my 3 dogs. Misty and Lily (the white one and the black and white one) are part Havanese...or at least I think Misty is, Lily's DNA test showed she was- however reliable that is! Anyways- they both have the Havanese coat. Maxie (the tan dog)has Poodle hair.

Can I use a whitening product on all of them? Lily has a lot of white. Or maybe a product that is for "lightening" would be better for Max and Lily?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0617.jpg (252.5 KB, 1 views)
Caroline is online now   Reply With Quote