So what do you guys have - Page 3 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Show and Competition Area > Agility

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #21
apololaceymom

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
she said Oct 1, 15 or 29th are available. Let me know if any of those days work for you. In the mean time, if you could find about about a rental at Master Peace, we can try to hook up there too. It will be very good for Lacey to practice some new places...Thanks
Belamour Blaze Of Glory

apololaceymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:34 PM   #22
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 73 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apololaceymom View Post
she said Oct 1, 15 or 29th are available. Let me know if any of those days work for you. In the mean time, if you could find about about a rental at Master Peace, we can try to hook up there too. It will be very good for Lacey to practice some new places...Thanks
We will have JUST gotten home from vacation on the first, and I need to work. The 15th or the 29th would work. I'll check for dates at MasterPeace once I get home.

Of course, you are welcome to come and play on my course anytime you wnat too, and tha's free. I don't have a full sized A frame or dogwalk, but I have everything else. (my course is outdoors, though, so weather dependent!

krandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #23
apololaceymom

Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by krandall View Post
We will have JUST gotten home from vacation on the first, and I need to work. The 15th or the 29th would work. I'll check for dates at MasterPeace once I get home.

Of course, you are welcome to come and play on my course anytime you wnat too, and tha's free. I don't have a full sized A frame or dogwalk, but I have everything else. (my course is outdoors, though, so weather dependent!
Ok, once yo get home, and you are settled in, you can email me at chloebear60@comcast.net and I will book it for us. Either day is fine for me too, so I will let you pick. Thanks, I may take you up on that home course some time.
Belamour Blaze Of Glory

apololaceymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:33 PM   #24
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by apololaceymom View Post
Ok, once yo get home, and you are settled in, you can email me at chloebear60@comcast.net and I will book it for us. Either day is fine for me too, so I will let you pick. Thanks, I may take you up on that home course some time.
Sounds great!

Old 12-21-2012, 09:27 PM   #25
murraymonster

Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't have a backyard, so anything I made has to be easy to tear down. A few PVC jumps, a hack tire (made out of stuff from OSH), and a play tunnel. I got a set of weaves (Affordable Agility Versa-Weaves, which are nice bc they break into 2x2s so I can transport to the park), which was my only real "agility investment." I joke that I'm happy that Murray has "champagne tastes" as he's always liked the contacts, so I didn't have to figure out how to build that! However, I'm trying to work on mostly flatwork when not in class as I'm realizing how much of the foundations I really need to work on!
Old 12-22-2012, 06:10 PM   #26
ncchuck

Submit Photo: 4
Just built 2 jumps and some weave poles this week then I read a post by Karen to wait until one year to start them on weaves and jumps so..........I have slowed down a little. Huey is 9 months and very agile and I can't wait but will do what is best for him. So much good info here. Mainly a lurker up to now but will get more involed. Thanks everyone.
ncchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #27
miller123

you can take the bars off the jumps so there is no bar and just the jump uprights and let him run through the uprights to get used to that if you want
Old 12-23-2012, 04:27 AM   #28
HalleBerry

Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
Hopefully this weekend I'll actually start to set up some equipment - I have a friend building a teeter for me, since that is one that Halle is having a hard time with. I also have a tire & two ebay tunnels, figuring that since she LOVES going through tunnels if I put the tire at either end she may start to see it as part of a fun exercise.... class is only about 30 minutes away, but I'm going to take a break for the next couple of months, so she'll work at home instead. It seems to be wearing on poor DH - I'm gone at work all week, at class twice a week, then gone weekends - so I thought I'd take some time off of the dog shows & only go out to the class I teach. And hopefully while we're in homebound mode, Halle will go ahead and come in season and we can get THAT over with.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:42 AM   #29
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller123 View Post
you can take the bars off the jumps so there is no bar and just the jump uprights and let him run through the uprights to get used to that if you want
Yes, even the bar on the ground is fine.

Old 12-23-2012, 06:59 AM   #30
HalleBerry

Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
That's all that Halle jumps now - the bar on the ground - it's enough to teach her sequencing and the idea of the jump, without putting the pressure on her to jump at an early age.