You Know You Love Your Hav When ... - Page 2 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #11
Sonic and Aries

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
When asked by friends or family what I want for Christmas, my first response has been grooming tools for my Havs.

And when going to bed.. I put them in bed, then turn out the light, if they are already settled on my side (almost always the case) then I go around to my husbands side and crawl in so I won't disturb or move them.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Sonic and Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #12
RitaandRiley

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 8 Times in 8 Posts
Charleysmom, That is awesome! I wish I could do that but my garage is filled with junk!
Old 12-22-2012, 02:32 AM   #13
HavaneseSoon
Linda

Submit Photo: 73
Photo Submissions 24 Times in 22 Posts
I love my boys so much, that if a butt bath is needed, I have no problem cleaning them up back there and means getting your fingers in poop. I always leave room beside me in the chair so Dexter can join me. I always tell them to be good boys when I have to leave the house. I let them act crazy when I come home. And, when you leave the last bite of your ice cream cone for them.

Dexter & Jack
"One Hav is NOT enough to enjoy the RLH skills!"
HavaneseSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #14
Sandi Kerger

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
I know I love our Havs when there is no room for me to sleep in the bed - I crawl over them to get into bed at night and try and squeeze in between them and my DH. It is a challenge to find enough room to sleep in peace. But.... I love that they want to be beside us... so of course, never move them.

When Fipsy was spayed, she reacted badly and was crying and howling at the Vet's when she woke up. Both myself and my DH went and got her (because the Vet said she was disturbing the other animals - I changed vets after this) We both took the day off work and laid with her on our bed all day - it was the saddest thing I ever saw - she cried most of the day but settled down somewhat as long as we were with her.

Honestly, I would do just about anything for our Havs - Have never loved a dog as much as I love these two.
Sandi Kerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:23 PM   #15
davetgabby
Dave T

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 35 Times in 35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi Kerger View Post
I know I love our Havs when there is no room for me to sleep in the bed - I crawl over them to get into bed at night and try and squeeze in between them and my DH. It is a challenge to find enough room to sleep in peace. But.... I love that they want to be beside us... so of course, never move them.

When Fipsy was spayed, she reacted badly and was crying and howling at the Vet's when she woke up. Both myself and my DH went and got her (because the Vet said she was disturbing the other animals - I changed vets after this) We both took the day off work and laid with her on our bed all day - it was the saddest thing I ever saw - she cried most of the day but settled down somewhat as long as we were with her.

Honestly, I would do just about anything for our Havs - Have never loved a dog as much as I love these two.
love it Sandi, you are a super mom and dad. Good to see you again, don't be shy.
davetgabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:25 PM   #16
Atticus

Submit Photo: 7
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
Well just today I whipped off my down coat to leave him a warm spot in the car when I ran in to get a few groceries. Yes he was in a warmed car,and he did have his coat on and was in his cosy bed but you know, just in case he got a chill. Of course I'm running across the parking lot with no coat freezing! GRIN!
Old 12-22-2012, 04:33 PM   #17
davetgabby
Dave T

Photo Submissions 35 Times in 35 Posts
davetgabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:27 PM   #18
Suzi

Submit Photo: 14
Photo Submissions 38 Times in 38 Posts
I tell them no you cant have any people food they look at me and I say well just a tiny bite. But never at the table only while I'm cooking.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #19
whimsy
Evelyn

Photo Submissions 20 Times in 18 Posts
I think our 'Havs' have all of us well trained! We are all suckers for that cute furry face!
Old 12-22-2012, 06:45 PM   #20
Becky Chittenden

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 6 Times in 6 Posts
When I went to buy dog food earlier this week, stopping and picking up more toys, even though they have many more than the average dog. Secondly, whatever dog (s) I take to a dog show get to sleep in my bed at the motel and not in their crates like at home. (BTW we have 2 that already sleep in bed at home and they take up as much rooom as 10 or 20 dogs.)