at the end of my rope... - Page 5 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > Health Issues and Questions

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 11:10 PM   #41
TilliesMom

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 35 Times in 35 Posts
thanks for all of your loving posts. not sure what I would do without your understanding, advice and encouragment!!
I have been with Tillie non stop the past few days, since her last 'accident'. She hasn't had anymore, BUT SHE 'found' an 'accident' last night. It was VERY interesting...
My husband has been sleeping in the living room because he is sick and snoring, so he hasn't slept in bed for over a week. Anywho, last night at bedtime I really wanted to spend some 'normal' time with Tillie and since my husband was out I decided to let Tillie snuggle with me as we usually do at bedtime. She happily climbed all over me and then snuffled up under the covers on my husbands side. I lifted the blankets and was watching her very closely... well as she was snuffling and digging in the sheets, she all of a sudden started frantically sniffing and then FROZE. panic over took her face, she BOLTED out from under the covers and straight to her crate... huh? So, of course I investigated, I didn't feel or SEE anything unusual.. then I got down and sniffed. yup. at SOME point in the past week, she pee'd on our bed. It was completely dry, but unmistakable in the smell... comforter, right down to the mattress.
On top of church, taking the kids Christmas shopping, cleaning, making cinnamon rolls, finishing some gifts, I had to take the comforter down to the laundromat to be washed. My husband actually tried to stop me from doing that. WHAT? like I WANT to be doing THIS, 2 days before Christmas???? ack. SO, of course I went to the laundromat. I explained to my husband that if we don't wash EVERYTHING, with bleach and get the smell out, she will have a 100% chance of this happeneing again, because she SMELLS her own pee and it signals her brain that THIS is where she should PEE. roar.
Anywho, the bedding is finally all clean, and I need to put it all together again.

Angie... I may take you up on that offer to see your vet. We'll see what her vet can do to help first, I'll keep you posted. thanks

I will call Tillie's vet tomorrow.. not sure if they will be open, I know there is something wrong and somehow I will figure this out. We all miss Tillie.
I tried to take her for a walk tonight. epic.fail. She would barely walk at all. It wasn't very cold, maybe 50 degrees... she wouldn't walk, had her tail tucked under, whole nine yards.
Does anyone know, it is common for thyroid issues to pop up anytime in their life?

My son is coming around and Tillie is very thankful, she has given him full on body wiggles several times today. It is very obvious that she misses being the center of our family... my daughter has never had a strong bond with Tillie, so I don't see Tillie missing her much, if that makes sense. To have my sons love and my devotion will hopefully get her through this... and all of you to help ME get through this.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:10 AM   #42
Momo means Peach

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
Tammy, I have nothing to add, all the wise ones have done so. But, do know that I care and hope that the situation gets resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Momo means Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:20 AM   #43
lfung5
LINDA

Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 31 Times in 28 Posts
Tammy,
Tillie not wanting to walk makes me really think there is something going on. Has she ever not wanted to walk in the past? Fred loves his walks, but when he had his knee surgery, he refused to do long walks. He would stop and not budge. It was so unlike fred not wanting to walk. I had to do walks for therapy so it was a struggle. I thought he would never do a ful walk again! It took months before this behavior stopped. He was telling me, this hurts!

I feel strongly something will show up in her blood work. Good luck today.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:43 AM   #44
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 73 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfung5 View Post
Tammy,
Tillie not wanting to walk makes me really think there is something going on. Has she ever not wanted to walk in the past? Fred loves his walks, but when he had his knee surgery, he refused to do long walks. He would stop and not budge. It was so unlike fred not wanting to walk. I had to do walks for therapy so it was a struggle. I thought he would never do a ful walk again! It took months before this behavior stopped. He was telling me, this hurts!

I feel strongly something will show up in her blood work. Good luck today.
I agree. And even if it doesn't show up in her blood work, SOMETHING is still physically wrong SOMEWHERE!

krandall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #45
TilliesMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by krandall View Post
I agree. And even if it doesn't show up in her blood work, SOMETHING is still physically wrong SOMEWHERE!
yup. I KNOW!
Old 12-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #46
Kathie

Photo Submissions 11 Times in 11 Posts
Was the vet's office open, Tammy?

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Old 12-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #47
TilliesMom

it's after 8am here, I called and was surprised that they are open!
Although it doesn't sound as if the vet is there today.
I told the receptionist what's been going on and now I am waiting for the vet to call.
Hoping they will give me antibiotics for now at least... based on her short history. sigh.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #48
TilliesMom

Update!

Vet called me back and said that in his opinion and based on her history he thinks she may have a resistant infection or that the crystals are growing in number...
He actually called in TWO prescriptions to the regular pharmacy for her!! Cipro and Keflex... does anyone have any experience with these meds? She'll be getting 2ml's twice a day for 14 days of the Keflex and 1/3 of a tablet of the Cipro for 14 days also.
AND the best part, both meds are only going to cost $20!! My husband can't argue in ANY way with THAT right??
Her vet wants to see her after the 14 days for another unrinalysis and I told him I wanted to a full blood work up at that point too, he agreed it was definitly needed, especially IF she is still having issues.
whew. relieved and thankful. We have a really good vet and I was hopeful that he would be able to help, even on Christmas eve.
Thank you all .. I will surely keep you updated, love you all!!
Old 12-24-2012, 02:33 PM   #49
Milo's Mom
Joyce

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
I get frequent UTI's and take CIPRO for them. It works perfectly and fast. Here's hoping it works for Tillie. So glad that your vet was so responsive on Christmas Eve. Happy holidays to you, your family, and, of course, Tillie.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:50 PM   #50
emichel

Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 5 Times in 5 Posts
Good luck, Tammy! I really hope that this med regimen works, and that Tillie is back to her old self in no time. You know, reading about your struggles w/Tillie brings to mind a tv show I like to watch, "Mystery Diagnosis", on Discovery Fit and Health. I don't know if you get that one, but anyway, it's about humans, but is relevant in that they are dealing with a constellation of symptoms that the doctors can't figure out. In the end they get it straightened out, but sometimes it takes a while. The point being... PERSISTENCE PAYS OFF! Wishing all the best to you and yours.
-- Eileen
emichel is offline   Reply With Quote