OMG... Timmy's in Florida! - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
OMG... Timmy's in Florida!
Old 12-26-2012, 07:09 AM   #1
jabojenny
Jen, Timmy and Mae

Submit Photo: 19
Photo Submissions 15 Times in 15 Posts
OMG... Timmy's in Florida!

I didn't want to post before we left asking for luck because I was afraid I would jinx myself. I know the success for this type of experience depends on temperament, but can I say it was SO EASY! I bought the medium Sturdi Bag on Tere's recommendation and it was a perfect fit for both Timmy (15 lbs at least) and under the seat. There's a little hatch on the top you can open and Timmy was happy as a clam just sitting in the bag watching everyone and of course getting TONS of attention, he was quite the celebrity. We had two men stewards who I can say we're pretty clueless. Timmy stayed in the bag the whole fight, 2 1/2 hours and slept or stared up at me, I'll post some pics later. I'm sitting outside by the pool enjoying my coffee and was so excited to let you all know,

jabojenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
Pipersmom
Julie

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 7 Times in 7 Posts
Good boy Timmy!

Enjoy the Florida sunshine. I'm jealous, we're getting a winter storm this afternoon so you got out of town just in time!

Have fun

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton
Pipersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #3
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 73 Times in 73 Posts
Yay, Timmy! Glad to hear you were a wonderful traveler. Good boy! Enjoy that Florida sunshine!

krandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:12 AM   #4
The Laughing Magpie

Submit Photo: 4
Photo Submissions 13 Times in 13 Posts
That is wonderful, so happy for you both. Many of our relatives go to Flordia for the winter they live up North spring thru fall then go to their winter house in the sun. I am told here in NC the weather is nice all times of year so really no reason to escape except, for shopping,eating, and to buy art, coming from Southern California thats a hard one for me to swallow...it gets cold.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:58 AM   #5
motherslittlehelper
Linda

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 22 Times in 21 Posts
I am not surprised to hear Timmy was a 'celebrity' on the plane! From past photos you have posted, he is an absolute doll! Looking forward to seeing the new photos. So glad to hear he did so well on the plane.

Sunshine?? The sun still exists? I don't think we have seen it here since mid October! Slight exaggeration, but it has been raining, raining, raining..... I think I read where we are on target to have the second wettest year on record for our area...and that is after nearly 3.5 months of no rain over summer and early fall. Sunshine sounds so wonderful - so envious.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #6
davetgabby
Dave T

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 35 Times in 35 Posts
Hav fun Jen.
davetgabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #7
sandypaws

Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 15 Times in 15 Posts
Glad Timmy did well on the plane. Of course he would be a great attention getter. Isn't that what Havs are all about? Enjoy your vaca in the sun, Timmy and Jen.

Mary and Tyler (miss you, Bailey - 1996-2011)
sandypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:55 PM   #8
Beau's mom
Beau's Mom

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Jen - You and Timmy aren't missing anything here worth talking about -- except that we did have a really picturesque snow fall on Christmas Eve. It was wonderful -- big flakes falling from the sky and just enough to cover the ground! Have a wonderful time and give Timmy a woof from Beau!!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

They're not my dogs -- I'm their person
Lorraine
Beau's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #9
Lola :)

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabojenny View Post
I didn't want to post before we left asking for luck because I was afraid I would jinx myself. I know the success for this type of experience depends on temperament, but can I say it was SO EASY! I bought the medium Sturdi Bag on Tere's recommendation and it was a perfect fit for both Timmy (15 lbs at least) and under the seat. There's a little hatch on the top you can open and Timmy was happy as a clam just sitting in the bag watching everyone and of course getting TONS of attention, he was quite the celebrity. We had two men stewards who I can say we're pretty clueless. Timmy stayed in the bag the whole fight, 2 1/2 hours and slept or stared up at me, I'll post some pics later. I'm sitting outside by the pool enjoying my coffee and was so excited to let you all know,
CUTE holiday card!! What a good boy and traveler!