Need help with bland diet for diarrhea - Page 3 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 10:12 AM   #21
andra

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
Dionna has had bouts of stomach upset for various reasons (I wont bore you with details), which she has been steadily outgrowing as she has gotten older. When this happens, the vet has always recommended starting with chicken broth with this probiotic sprinkle mixed in and then progressing to plain white rice mixed with cut up boiled white meat chicken and broth and probiotic sprinkle. This has always helped settle her stomach and the broth is nutritious and gives the necessary fluids. In the past, I have always done a slow taper off this.

I currently give Dionna kibbles in the morning with just a little chicken to get her started (otherwise, she won't eat the kibbles and we can go back on the merry-go-round of her getting too hungry and that triggering throwing up bile). At night, she gets home cooked of boiled white meat chicken, chopped broccoli and steamed yam. The above regimine has really helped stabilize her. I am also thinking of consulting with the nutritionist that everyone has referenced just because I want to make sure that Dionna is getting the best care. How does one set up an appointment--can somebody PM me her contact information (or is there a link on this site somewhere?). Thanks.

Good luck with Django--I know how hard it is when our furbabies are not well.
andra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #22
davetgabby
Dave T

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 35 Times in 35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andra View Post
Dionna has had bouts of stomach upset for various reasons (I wont bore you with details), which she has been steadily outgrowing as she has gotten older. When this happens, the vet has always recommended starting with chicken broth with this probiotic sprinkle mixed in and then progressing to plain white rice mixed with cut up boiled white meat chicken and broth and probiotic sprinkle. This has always helped settle her stomach and the broth is nutritious and gives the necessary fluids. In the past, I have always done a slow taper off this.

I currently give Dionna kibbles in the morning with just a little chicken to get her started (otherwise, she won't eat the kibbles and we can go back on the merry-go-round of her getting too hungry and that triggering throwing up bile). At night, she gets home cooked of boiled white meat chicken, chopped broccoli and steamed yam. The above regimine has really helped stabilize her. I am also thinking of consulting with the nutritionist that everyone has referenced just because I want to make sure that Dionna is getting the best care. How does one set up an appointment--can somebody PM me her contact information (or is there a link on this site somewhere?). Thanks.

Good luck with Django--I know how hard it is when our furbabies are not well.
good for you, I highly recommend Sabine, every dog is different and it is not easy to do this properly without a professional nutritionist. here;s her email ask@betterdogcare.com Feel free to check out her website at ...http://www.dogfoodproject.com/index.php?page=main She is on vaccation and I suspect she might be back monday. She is very inexpensive, and your dog will love you for it.

Last edited by davetgabby; 12-28-2012 at 04:04 PM.
davetgabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #23
andra

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
THANK YOU! I will be following up with her; I love my furbaby like she is my child so I definately want to be feeding her the best meal plan for her individualized health profile.

And again, I hope that Django's tummy issues settle; I can certainly understand the angst of a furbaby that is not feeling well.
andra is offline   Reply With Quote