Disgusting Habit - Page 2 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 04:53 AM   #11
whimsy
Evelyn

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 20 Times in 18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krandall View Post
Kodi does the same thing! Then he has to run after me and watch me flush it down the toilet!
Hahaha... Yes!... just like Kodi she like to watch the flush too!! funny little things aren't they?
Old 12-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #12
sprorchid
Jacqueline

Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 7 Times in 7 Posts
yeah, that's gotta be the nastiest habit for a dog or anyone (thing) could have. ick! I'm lucky that I haven't had any poop eaters. My little guy did show some interest in horse poop (off leash trail), but a stern voice from me steered him clear. ick!!!
sprorchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:15 PM   #13
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 73 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprorchid View Post
yeah, that's gotta be the nastiest habit for a dog or anyone (thing) could have. ick! I'm lucky that I haven't had any poop eaters. My little guy did show some interest in horse poop (off leash trail), but a stern voice from me steered him clear. ick!!!
Yeah, horse poop is a whole different issue, and I think it's MUCH harder to get dogs to CONSISTENTLY leave it alone. Horse food typically contains molasses, and I suspect tho poop still tastes sweet. I don't know many dogs who won't eat it, given the chance.

And while Kodi won't touch dog poop, he will eat (or roll in or preferrably both!!!) deer poop, rabbit poop or almost any other wild animal poop he finds!!!

krandall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #14
wynne

Submit Photo: 10
Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
Maya has been going into the litter box. There is a cover on it, but that doesn't seem to stop her.
wynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #15
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 73 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wynne View Post
Maya has been going into the litter box. There is a cover on it, but that doesn't seem to stop her.
Cat box? Yeah, that's another one they find almost irresistible. Ours is in the basement, with a "cat door" in the basement door that Kodi doesn't fit through. (and even if he did, he's afraid of the dark basement stairs!) I wouldn't bet any amount that he's stay away from cat poop if he could get to it!

... Oh, the cat FOOD has to be up on a table now too, because Kodi would eat that to. Snowbelle is the only cat I know with her own, dedicated dining table in one end of the dining room!

krandall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:13 PM   #16
wynne

Submit Photo: 10
Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
our is in the basement, but I live in a very old condo. all of the interior doors are metal.
Maya has also been trying to claim my bed as her own and has been peeing in it. I have been trying to keep the door closed, but even in the short time it is open to brush my teeth or run to the bathroom, is all the time she needs. I keep telling her, she is just lucky she is just so darn cute and that I love her!
wynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:29 PM   #17
TilliesMom

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 35 Times in 35 Posts
just curious, but why do you feel she is "trying to claim the bed as hers" by peeing in it?
Was she fully house trained for a long time before this behavior?
Just asking because the peeing on the bed was THE big red light for all of the health stuff Tillie's been going through. The way I figure it is that she had NEVER done it before, she was obviously TRYING to tell us something and she KNEW if she pee'd ON the bed(s) THAT would surely get our attention... just a thought.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:42 AM   #18
sprorchid
Jacqueline

Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 7 Times in 7 Posts
Yeah Karen,
it's still gross! none of my other dogs seem to care about horse poop, or any poop for that matter, thank goodness!

The grossest all time thing I ever saw, my big boy Cosmo, we were at a huge off leash dog park, Point Isabel, and Cosmo was squatting doing #2. the second a piece hit the ground, a basset hound came flying by, and scooped up the fresh log in his mouth (barely slowed down to get it in his mouth) and right behind him was his screaming owner. forever etched in my mind.
sprorchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:24 AM   #19
emichel

Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 5 Times in 5 Posts
Reading all these posts about poop eating dogs, my first thought was along the lines of "wow, I'm lucky my dog doesn't do that". My next thought was, "oh no, what fresh new hell do I have to look forward to?". So far Benjamin only sniffs at other dogs' poop, and when I say it's 'icky' will turn away from it. OTOH, it seems quite possible (likely?) that he has just not yet learned to appreciate the pleasure of poop eating. I'm sure it's not an original or profound observation, but it kills me how we bend over backwards to please our dogs with tempting treats. Boiled chicken? Liver bites? Bully sticks? Perhaps a little steak tartare or poached salmon? Then they go and eat dead birds and bits of moldy burrito and POOP, of all things! I will never understand this!
-- Eileen
emichel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:31 AM   #20
whimsy
Evelyn

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 20 Times in 18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprorchid View Post
Yeah Karen,
it's still gross! none of my other dogs seem to care about horse poop, or any poop for that matter, thank goodness!

The grossest all time thing I ever saw, my big boy Cosmo, we were at a huge off leash dog park, Point Isabel, and Cosmo was squatting doing #2. the second a piece hit the ground, a basset hound came flying by, and scooped up the fresh log in his mouth (barely slowed down to get it in his mouth) and right behind him was his screaming owner. forever etched in my mind.
Oh great....now it's etched in my mind! LOL