Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #81
Anna6

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzys Mom View Post
My DH was outside doing yard work and gave Oscar free reign of the house- no potty accidents!
@Anna- I am so sorry your DH did that- I would be devastated too! It will grow back, and fairly quickly. I have shaved Buzzy down myself a few times- and I haven't done the best job. It takes about 2 weeks before he stops looking stupid.
That is great news and a big step forward that Oscar can have reign of the house and has no accidents. That is so cute how he cosleeps and wakes you up to go potty.

I am still nervous about letting Nina 6 1/2 months have the run of the place. She was not potty trained before she came and I think now I have to try and undo bad habits but I am hopeful. I always pictured Nina cosleeping with us but I actually moved her crate to the room next to the bedroom. I am in and out so frequently during the night that I was waking Nina. I can still hear her if she wants me but she normally goes through the night and even longer. DH is not sure about having a dog in the bed. It sounds nice to me. I might just sneak her in one of these days.

Thanks for your encouraging words regarding her hair cut. I am still a bit in shock.

Last edited by Anna6; 11-06-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Anna6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:00 PM   #82
lise

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 12 Times in 12 Posts
Ted still does not have free reign of the house. If anything he is pretty good with potty training but he gets into everything. Some things could be dangerous and I don't want to pay extra Vet bills if I don't have too.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #83
Anna6

Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
Lise, I was wondering about that. I have the same concern with Nina. Yesterday, one of my little girls dropped her silly putty and Nina ate part of it. She is fine now. She threw it up and that is what the online info said was one of the possibilities, either vomit or poo out. She also likes to gnaw on the base board and chew on anything plastic or fiber stuffing from chairs and pillows.
Anna6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:55 AM   #84
Sparkle

Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
So far we've been really lucky with Kallie not bothering things. She hasn't chewed/destroyed anything. Never chewed on furniture or woodwork. When she was younger & out of her playpen she would go towards electrical cords, be I got her out of that phase really quickly by distracting/giving her one of her many chew toys as replacement. I have a word that I've always used with her that means "that's not for you" or "that's nasty". I say Ackies. I know, my DH says what in world is Ackies??? It's just a word that came out of my mouth the first time she started to chew on something she shouldn't & I've stuck with it. But I like that it's not a word that she will hear someone say frequently. So she definitely knows it means "leave it alone!" She's started into a new phase that I'm loving. She's being so well behaved right now! If she's barking & I tell her to stop, she does! Wow, how nice. No potty accidents for the last several days. She's even started going into her playpen (that's what I call her ex-pen) by herself when I'm finished with my morning routine before going to work. That's really nice!!! For a while I had a battle catching her. I think my little girl is growing up.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:35 AM   #85
Dory
Mom to Quincy and Myka

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
If Quincy wasn't climbing out of his ex-pen, he'd still be in there when we go out. But now we have had to let him have somewhat free reign. We do close off some rooms so he can't get into them, but he has access to the living room, dining room, kitchen, and bedroom. He has been very good and usually when we come home we find him sleeping on the loveseat. So much for the two comfy crates he has! LOL He prefers sleeping on our bed, the loveseat, or one of our recliners. I suppose it has a lot to do with our scent being on all these things. I still worry when we leave him, but I'm not comfortable with locking him in his crate while we're out. I worry that he'll have to pee/poop and won't be able to get to a pee pad (although he's always held it). I like that he has the option there to be able to use it if he has to. I'm one of those who over analyzes everything LOL. I'm always thinking, what if....
Dory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:19 AM   #86
lise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dory View Post
If Quincy wasn't climbing out of his ex-pen, he'd still be in there when we go out. But now we have had to let him have somewhat free reign. We do close off some rooms so he can't get into them, but he has access to the living room, dining room, kitchen, and bedroom. He has been very good and usually when we come home we find him sleeping on the loveseat. So much for the two comfy crates he has! LOL He prefers sleeping on our bed, the loveseat, or one of our recliners. I suppose it has a lot to do with our scent being on all these things. I still worry when we leave him, but I'm not comfortable with locking him in his crate while we're out. I worry that he'll have to pee/poop and won't be able to get to a pee pad (although he's always held it). I like that he has the option there to be able to use it if he has to. I'm one of those who over analyzes everything LOL. I'm always thinking, what if....
You kill me Dory. My youngest daughter is an over analyzer too!
Seeing as Ted can,t reach to get up on anything or get out of his pen, I'm using it at least til after Christmas, unless he has a growth spirt!!
Ted still likes our laundry, paper, shoes, leaves, our food.....
On the other hand he doesn't chew on wood or electrical cords! Im a pretty neat house keeper so most of the above is away but Ted does like to try and get things that he can reach. I too have always had a phrase which is "leave it" but ever since teenage hood Ted pretty much ignores all that he has learned. If I have treats in hand he will do all the things I have taught him but come. I think he thinks come probably means "pen" so he runs and I chase him!
Well I have to go, the trainer is coming for an inhome visit today so I have to make sure the house is in order. I bathed Ted last night so he is good, unless he gets the runs or something.....oops over analyzing too
Old 11-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #87
Sparkle

Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
LOL, I over-analyze too! Drives my DH crazy. I like to be prepared for those what-ifs too.

Lise - if Kallie can get to the laundry basket, all bets are off on the underwear!!! And socks. I make sure the laundry room door is closed. She did that when my FIL & MIL were visiting. I heard MIL laughing while I was doing laundry. She yelled "I think Kallie has someone's underwear!" Good thing we get along well!
Old 11-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #88
lise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
LOL, I over-analyze too! Drives my DH crazy. I like to be prepared for those what-ifs too.

Lise - if Kallie can get to the laundry basket, all bets are off on the underwear!!! And socks. I make sure the laundry room door is closed. She did that when my FIL & MIL were visiting. I heard MIL laughing while I was doing laundry. She yelled "I think Kallie has someone's underwear!" Good thing we get along well!
My laundry basket is tall but Ted just keeps jumping and tries to grab at anything that may be near the top. My daughters room is another thing. She has just a short one and her laundry doesnt always make it into the basket anyhow. He will take anything although I think socks are his fav with underwear being a close second!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #89
lise

Update, Teds pen has been put away. He has done 2 long periods over the holidays alone and nothing was out of order when we came back. DH also decided that Ted is sleeping in our bed now. That's going ok although I've never had a dog sleeping with me so I'm trying to get used to it. Office tomorrow, I'm anxious about that as he doesn't like when I'm on the phone!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:09 AM   #90
Dory
Mom to Quincy and Myka

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lise View Post
Update, Teds pen has been put away. He has done 2 long periods over the holidays alone and nothing was out of order when we came back. DH also decided that Ted is sleeping in our bed now. That's going ok although I've never had a dog sleeping with me so I'm trying to get used to it. Office tomorrow, I'm anxious about that as he doesn't like when I'm on the phone!
Yay for Ted!

Re: Laundry. OMG Q loves laundry! He tries to "help" me fold the clothes by laying on top of them or unfolding them. I fold clothes on the bed and he's always got his little face right in the basket, along with his front paws, trying to get whatever he can get out. I have come into the room sometimes to find that he has tipped the basket over on the bed and dragged towels out. Trying to "help" me, I'm sure LOL.
I've been noticing that Q is matting more too. What is usually the blowing coat age? Hard to believe our babies will be nine months old this month, isn't it?
Dory is offline   Reply With Quote