Big time scare - Page 2 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #11
Tuss

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 8 Times in 8 Posts
Glad everything is okay. The advantage of the hardwired alarms is that they summon the fire department even if you are not home. Important if you have dogs! I put in a system for that reason alone!

When i first moved into my house (my very first house), there was an alarm system there that was not connected (from the previous homeowners). well, at 4am one morning it decided to go off (the power dipped or something which triggered it). Of course I couldn't call the alarm company because i had no idea who they were. All i could do was put on some clothes and brush my hair and make myself "presentable" for the fire department when they arrived. I didn't even get a date out of the whole ordeal!

Tuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #12
Luciledodd

Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 9 Times in 9 Posts
Dave glad to know that you are as responsible as we are. Enjoy the drinks and don't worry.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #13
lfung5
LINDA

Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 31 Times in 28 Posts
Phew, I'm so happy it was a false alarm. My 3 would have not been happy either. They cower and shake when those darn things go off!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #14
davetgabby
Dave T

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 35 Times in 35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuss View Post
Glad everything is okay. The advantage of the hardwired alarms is that they summon the fire department even if you are not home. Important if you have dogs! I put in a system for that reason alone!

When i first moved into my house (my very first house), there was an alarm system there that was not connected (from the previous homeowners). well, at 4am one morning it decided to go off (the power dipped or something which triggered it). Of course I couldn't call the alarm company because i had no idea who they were. All i could do was put on some clothes and brush my hair and make myself "presentable" for the fire department when they arrived. I didn't even get a date out of the whole ordeal!
lol, yeah our security system isn't direct to fire dept. Had the option but figured what if you're cooking and set it off. Here we get charged for false alarms. Sheri yeah , no one would sleep through them, I think a deaf man could hear them. lol
davetgabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:34 PM   #15
Luciledodd

Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 9 Times in 9 Posts
When I had my "protection" dog and my DH was away, the alarm system went off in the middle of the night. I had paid a lot of money for the dog and the system. Well when the alarm siren started up, me and Axel took off to the bottom floor and out the door. I always wondered who was most afraid, me or Axel. Well it was a thunder storm and I guess rattled a window and set off the alarm. Now I know that if someone had broke in, Axel would have attacked and held them until the police arrived, but the alarm system scared us both. We took it out when I replaced my windows and the smoke alarms may be twenty years old. It is a good thing that I have lots of doors to the outside.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #16
davetgabby
Dave T

thanks for that Lucile, I need a laugh too.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #17
HavaneseSoon
Linda

Submit Photo: 73
Photo Submissions 24 Times in 22 Posts
You had us all scared. Never know what a fire truck is there for....sure glad everything is ok. (((((((Hugs))))))) to all.

Dexter & Jack
"One Hav is NOT enough to enjoy the RLH skills!"
HavaneseSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #18
davetgabby
Dave T

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaneseSoon View Post
You had us all scared. Never know what a fire truck is there for....sure glad everything is ok. (((((((Hugs))))))) to all.
yeah Linda , that's it, I saw no fire equipment and that made me think otherwise, . Here quite often the fire dept. will get medical calls as well , if they're available quick. Thanks.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:02 PM   #19
nlb
Nicki:Cassie & Roo's mom

Photo Submissions 8 Times in 7 Posts
It's all been said, but very relieved for you, Dave! We had changed our detectors to battery because they were old and going off too. Now, just have to remember to change the battery. Last time I tried to put it back together, it was a big headache, like a puzzle. You'd think they could come up with a more people friendly design!

Nicki, Cassie, & Roo
nlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:45 PM   #20
Lizzie'sMom

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
I am glad everything is ok, Dave. Hopefully your heart rates have settled down by now. That happened to us, too. The smoke alarm in one of our daughter's rooms went off in the middle of the night. The alarm company called and I told them to tell the firefighters not to come, but they did anyway. We have had the one replaced, but not the others yet. It's one of those things you keep putting off.