June/July new owners - Page 10 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > Puppy Area

Puppy Area * Do not advertise dogs for sale here*

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 12:02 PM   #91
Sparkle

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Kallie's grown into quite a big girl - 12 lbs now! She was perfect with the Christmas tree. Never bothered it at all. Sniffed at some of the lower ornaments, but that was it. Didn't bother the packages either. But she sure did enjoy opening her gifts! Was just too cute to watch. She's starting to mat also. Has 3 on her chest that I can't get out. If I can't get them worked out in the next few days, I'll just have her belly/armpits/lower chest shaved. With the longer hair (skirt) hanging down I don't think you'll really be able to tell. But otherwise she's still mat-free.

I think back to some of our earlier frustrated posts & am just amazed at how far we've come! So for any of you new owners that may happen to be reading this thread - there is light at the end of the tunnel! The issues do resolve with time & patience. I know we're quite happy with our little Princess.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #92
lise

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 12 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dory View Post
Yay for Ted!

Re: Laundry. OMG Q loves laundry! He tries to "help" me fold the clothes by laying on top of them or unfolding them. I fold clothes on the bed and he's always got his little face right in the basket, along with his front paws, trying to get whatever he can get out. I have come into the room sometimes to find that he has tipped the basket over on the bed and dragged towels out. Trying to "help" me, I'm sure LOL.
I've been noticing that Q is matting more too. What is usually the blowing coat age? Hard to believe our babies will be nine months old this month, isn't it?
Teds coat has mats too trying my best to use cornstarch and separate them as much as possible . I really don't want his coat cut
Old 01-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #93
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 73 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lise View Post
Teds coat has mats too trying my best to use cornstarch and separate them as much as possible . I really don't want his coat cut
It can be trying, but if you really want to keep him in long coat, it's REALLY important that you get the mats out completely... right down to the skin. And if you (or he!) can't handle it, remember that it will grow back if you decide on a puppy cut through blowing coat stage!!!

krandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #94
lise

Ya the groomer said last time ( he had no mats) that his new coat was coming in. I think it's that plus the snow balls from the storms the other week that has caused these ones.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:20 AM   #95
Sparkle

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
We need to post new pics of our darling babies! I just love that there's several on here that are so close to the same age. Gives us a real good idea of how well they're all progressing. I wish they could all play together!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:54 AM   #96
lise

I have to get some pics loaded. I'm on an IPad most times now so I have to transfer them to one of my apps to post I believe
Old 01-03-2013, 07:41 AM   #97
Buzzys Mom

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
OScar is still chewing shoes and knocking over garbage cans to get tissues, so we still have him in the ex-pen when we are not home (no more crate though it is there if he wants it). He also has a habit of stealing all the toys and hiding them inside and outside of the house... which Buzzy isn't a fan of, but of course we think it's hilarious. The only thing we are struggling with is that he has been going through a middle of the night bathroom phase. He goes out at 10 and pees, but then gets up at like 1 or 2 to go poop. Then he is fine and sleeps through the night. We tried feeding him earlier (and later) but he still does it. Hopefully it will pass soon- we are tired!
Buzzys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:40 AM   #98
lise

When you go out for the last pee, walk Oscar. Most dogs need the stimulation of a walk to get that poo out. Ted will now pee on the deck but will absolutely only poo on walks
Old 01-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #99
Buzzys Mom

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks- we have over a foot of snow here, so it's tough getting him out for a walk. We tried running around the house with him to stimulate him. Maybe we should try a bit longer...
Buzzys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #100
lise

We have more than a foot here, but we aren't fenced so we walk 5 times a day. My girlfriend up the street has to walk her very large dog twice a day to poo. She will pee when she is tied out but both her poo s have to be on a walk