Finally - I have a Hav! - Page 6 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #51
djmnb
Deb

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
She sure does look like Bella, Karen. I wondered what she might have looked like as a pup....I think I have an idea now.
djmnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #52
irnfit

Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 18 Times in 18 Posts
Welcome and congratulations. Bella is adorable. My havs love the snow too. I feel kind of guilty, because I am so happy it hasn't snowed here, yet. But I love to see them playing in it. That running around like a mad dog is RLH or run like he!!.

Michele
Kodi & Shelby's Mom and Julian's Grandma
irnfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #53
pjewel
Super Moderator

Photo Submissions 39 Times in 25 Posts
Bella is adorable! They are so much fun, these little ones. Enjoy every minute.

If you're thinking of getting a puppy, click here
http://www.photoshow.com/watch/YK8AH4rw
pjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #54
inlovewithhav

Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
Congratulations on your new addition!! She is adorable and Bella suits her perfectly. I made the mistake, or I should say my children taught Kipper, to run when you bend to pick him up. It's like a big game to him. To get him to stop I give attention to my other dog and he comes running to put himself between us. I was NEVER a dog person (gasp I know) I loved cats, my daughter wanted a puppy/dog that she could play with and sleep with, she is allergic and couldn't play with the other dog. I did a lot of research and found a breeder that I was going to to go with....one day I was on petfinder and came across 2 puppies for adoption, about 2 hours from me, Hav's are very rare here and hard to find. My daughter and I took a road trip and ended up bringing him home. He has been the sunshine in my life and is what I look forward to coming home to (my children are in the your not cool phase but he adores me - lol). I can always count on him to make me smile and cheer me up. I hope your family and Bella (and Bennie) have many years of fun and love to come. Welcome to the forum and enjoy all the posts. This is a great place to learn anything you could ever want to learn about these little teddy bears.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:30 AM   #55
djmnb
Deb

Just checking in to say all is going well. We still have lots of work to do but my Sheltie Benny keeps a close eye on Bella and she follows his lead, and they play together easlily. Starting basic obedience tomorrow evening. I hope that will help with her confidence. She still spooks easily but has gotten to the point that she carries her tail over her back most of the time so I can literally see real progress. One month ago when I got her she couldn't go up or down stairs - now she bounces along easily.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #56
lise

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 12 Times in 12 Posts
Sounds like all is well. Wait til you see how smart and quick she will be in class. Bring lots of treats!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:39 AM   #57
jillnors2

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Shelties and Havanese are a great together, Mayzie's best girl friend is a sheltie and they play and spin, and play and spin, and have a rip roaring good time!
jillnors2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:40 AM   #58
djmnb
Deb

We had to postpone obedience training while she went through a heat cycle...her last, spaying is booked in two weeks. Despite that Bella's training of US is going quite well. She now has us scheduled to let her out at precisely the right time to avoid most accidents, where to leave some newspaper just in case, when to lift her up to the bed, when to play, and most of all when to provide treats (that walking around on hind legs thing is irresistable). She's still a little hesitant around people but that is coming slowly but surely and the dog who didn't know anything about stairs now zips up and down them like a pro. She and our Sheltie play like crazy and she lets him be the boss, so he's good with that. My husband gets seperation anxiety after a day at work and so she will sit on his lap and reassure him for hours. We are definately hooked on havanese!
Old 02-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #59
Eddie
Long Island NY

Submit Photo: 4
Photo Submissions 5 Times in 5 Posts
Welcome, both furballs are just beautiful
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #60
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 73 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmnb View Post
We had to postpone obedience training while she went through a heat cycle...her last, spaying is booked in two weeks. Despite that Bella's training of US is going quite well. She now has us scheduled to let her out at precisely the right time to avoid most accidents, where to leave some newspaper just in case, when to lift her up to the bed, when to play, and most of all when to provide treats (that walking around on hind legs thing is irresistable). She's still a little hesitant around people but that is coming slowly but surely and the dog who didn't know anything about stairs now zips up and down them like a pro. She and our Sheltie play like crazy and she lets him be the boss, so he's good with that. My husband gets seperation anxiety after a day at work and so she will sit on his lap and reassure him for hours. We are definately hooked on havanese!
Sounds like she's got you trained just about perfectly!

krandall is online now   Reply With Quote