. - Page 2 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 12:22 PM   #11
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 73 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica'sMom View Post
Good for you! I saw this on Youtube. Maybe if I get bored enough this winter we'll try clean up lessons. Wait, I'll def be bored enough. I meant if I'm not too lazy.
Oh, I haven't taught KODI to pick up... That's on my "someday after he's retired from the ring" list. Right now, we still have SO many competitive obedience behaviors we need to work on that trick things are very low priority. What I'm starting to find now is that it's hard to maintain all the different behaviors while learning new ones. I'll be working on something new, then get to a trial and see something on the course and think "Oops! Haven't practiced that one in a while!" and have to run through it a couple of times in the parking lot.

krandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:23 PM   #12
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau's mom View Post
Sooo . . . the toys aren't supposed to "live" on the floor? With my bad back, there's no way I could keep up with picking them up every day!! I "clean up" for the cleaning service right before they come -- or when I'm expecting company!!! Otherwise, I use the shuffle-step method of getting around so I don't trip over toys, balls, chewies, etc.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #13
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TilliesMom View Post
oh my goodness, you don't have a "grabber"?? I injured my back when my son was 6 months old, had surgery when he was 17 months old. I can't LIVE without my grabbers... been using them for almost 10 yrs now! I even have one at work!
Amazon.com: Ontel Products GOPMO2 Deluxe Gopher Pick Up and Reaching Tool Set: Home Improvement
I have one that I "inherited" when my great aunt died. But SO FAR, I have mostly used it for retrieving socks from behind the dryer!

Old 01-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #14
misstray

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 10 Times in 10 Posts
Brody can't stand to have his toys put away. As fast as I can put them away, he's dragging them all out again because I've apparently messed up his system! On a related note, I got him the hide a squirrel toy for Christmas and he can't stand to have the squirrels in the stump either...they must be freed!

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself.
- Josh Billings
misstray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #15
Beau's mom
Beau's Mom

Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Yes, Tammy! I have a grabber nearby at all times!! When I do get around to picking up Beau's toys, it's the only way they'd get off the floor. And, every time he gets hold of a napkin, tissue, newspaper bag, grocery store bag, toilet paper roll, etc, etc, etc -- it's an absolute necessity!! I had my 1st back fusion at age 25 (36 years and 5 surgeries ago!!!). Grabbers are a must!

They're not my dogs -- I'm their person
Lorraine
Beau's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #16
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by misstray View Post
Brody can't stand to have his toys put away. As fast as I can put them away, he's dragging them all out again because I've apparently messed up his system! On a related note, I got him the hide a squirrel toy for Christmas and he can't stand to have the squirrels in the stump either...they must be freed!

I've never dared buy one of these for Kodi... as cute as they are. He is just SO rough on his stuffed toys that I'm sure it would be a very expensive "disposable"!

Old 01-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #17
motherslittlehelper
Linda

Photo Submissions 22 Times in 21 Posts
When Finn came to live, all the cloth or stuffed toys had to be put up, even the Skineez. He destroys them in a matter of minutes, takes out the squeakers, eats ears and other parts off. We have a lot of Chuck It balls around - usually they are all under the couch. I have watched him - he will go fetch one and drop it by the couch and shove it under. We have some other barbell shaped rubbery toys that he hasn't been able to destroy. But our toy basket is pretty limited right now. And the little sherpa discs, but I have to watch closely with those or he chews them up - but they are one of the favorite toys. Tennis balls is one they love but the fighting gets nasty over those - went way beyond play fighting - so they got put up.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #18
misstray

Photo Submissions 10 Times in 10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krandall View Post

I've never dared buy one of these for Kodi... as cute as they are. He is just SO rough on his stuffed toys that I'm sure it would be a very expensive "disposable"!
LOL I'm lucky, Brody hasn't damaged a single toy. He loves his toy, but he's pretty gentle with them.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself.
- Josh Billings
misstray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:04 PM   #19
gelbergirl
Henry's Humon Kordelia

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 9 Times in 9 Posts
I get followed around as I pick up the toys and put them in back in the toy basket.
Watching every one of my movements with his toys!
gelbergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #20
TilliesMom

Photo Submissions 35 Times in 35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau's mom View Post
Yes, Tammy! I have a grabber nearby at all times!! When I do get around to picking up Beau's toys, it's the only way they'd get off the floor. And, every time he gets hold of a napkin, tissue, newspaper bag, grocery store bag, toilet paper roll, etc, etc, etc -- it's an absolute necessity!! I had my 1st back fusion at age 25 (36 years and 5 surgeries ago!!!). Grabbers are a must!
okay, awesome! I have 2 in the house, 1 in the garage and 1 at work!
I had my first (and LAST if I can help it!) back surgery when I was 26, "celebrating" the 10 yr anniversary of my surgery this summer! My son was 17 months old, darkest time of my life, a nerve was damaged and I will live with pain and numbness forever... but, so thankful we all survived!