Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > Grooming

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
grooming tools
Old 12-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #21
KarenL

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
grooming tools

Thanks for everyone's, input...think I will start with purchase of a CC 05 buttercomb..Rico actually likes the cheap pinbrush that I have..but.. know we are approaching that blowing the coat age! So want to be prepared. What about harnesses...I know these tend to mat hair more..any certain brands or types that do it less? Thanks again everyone for the info...BTW.... your dog pics are beautiful! .......Karen and Rico.
KarenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #22
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 73 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireVoyant View Post
Yes . . .i use both diluted conditioner and Ice on Ice. However, I may be to sparing with it since I'm fearful the moisture may tighten any mats she might have before I start. Guess I'm still a little gun shy after blowing coat went South LOL
I've never had either tighten mats. But I also don't soak his coat with it... Just a light mist to keep down static. When he was blowing coat, I WOULD take care of any mats first, dry, with corn starch. Then I would mist him and finish grooming him.

krandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #23
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Quote:
How old is Cey? Maybe Cey is more silky than Isabella . . .but if I brushed her only once a week, she'd be an outright mess LOL
Kodi CAn fo a week without grooming, and has, at times, when I've been away. But he looks like a ragamuffin by the time I get home, going that long without being groomed!!!

Old 12-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #24
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenL View Post
Thanks for everyone's, input...think I will start with purchase of a CC 05 buttercomb..Rico actually likes the cheap pinbrush that I have..but.. know we are approaching that blowing the coat age! So want to be prepared. What about harnesses...I know these tend to mat hair more..any certain brands or types that do it less? Thanks again everyone for the info...BTW.... your dog pics are beautiful! .......Karen and Rico.
Everything that touches them will mat them while they are blowing coat. I use the Sense-ible harness, and now that Kodi has blowing coat behind him, it really doesn't cause mats. Of course, he only wears it when we are actually out on a walk. He's nekkid most of the time!

He still gets occasional knots from his car harness (Vest-harness brand), which has much more surface area. But those tend to comb out prettyeasily these days.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:04 PM   #25
ClaireVoyant
Mom to Isabella & Raider

Submit Photo: 16
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krandall View Post
Kodi CAn fo a week without grooming, and has, at times, when I've been away. But he looks like a ragamuffin by the time I get home, going that long without being groomed!!!
Kodi's beautiful coat appears very silky . . .if its cottony like Isabella's than I'm switching to what you use LOL. But her coat is VERY cottony and the products I've tried haven't helped. I ordered another round of products today after reading recommendations in Tillies thread . . .hopefully we'll hit eureka

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com App

ClaireVoyant is offline   Reply With Quote
CC=Wow!
Old 01-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #26
Mika

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
CC=Wow!

Hello all, I have been a lurker here the past few months. We brought home Mika, our 14 wk old Hav, just about four weeks ago and things are going well for the most part. I will post some pics in the welcome area when I can download some from my camera.

I was fretting a little about the grooming aspect of Hav ownership as our little girl was quite resistant to both the brush and comb we had (basic tools we bought until we could order and receive our CC products, thanks for the recommendations here BTW) and I saw the grooming bills tallying up in my mind as she wanted no part of any grooming for more than a nano-second.

Well wouldn't you know that our CC wooden pin brush and 05 buttercomb arrived yesterday and it is already night and day. She actually sits on my lap now and seems to enjoy grooming!!! So glad for this site and the wonderful recommendations for these CC products, they truly do make a difference. She still likes to try and eat the buttercomb a bit but will tolerate the wooden pin brush for as long as necessary YAY!!!!!

Anyways just wanted to share my two-cents on these two items as they have seemingly transformed an activity that was a struggle to a nice quiet and peaceful grooming and bonding moment!
Mika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #27
krandall
Metrowest, MA

So glad to hear the right tools helped! I just think the CC tools are much easier on their skin, so there's much less to complain about!

greyhound pin brush - which one??
Old 01-18-2013, 08:24 PM   #28
BFrancs
Canela and Vino's Mom

Submit Photo: 35
Photo Submissions 4 Times in 4 Posts
Question greyhound pin brush - which one??

Becky C, What style do you have of the greyhound pin brush? Like you, I like greyhound comb better then the CC.
BFrancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #29
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Quote:
Kodi's beautiful coat appears very silky . . .if its cottony like Isabella's than I'm switching to what you use LOL. But her coat is VERY cottony and the products I've tried haven't helped. I ordered another round of products today after reading recommendations in Tillies thread . . .hopefully we'll hit eureka
Sorry... don't know how I missed this. Kodi does have the silky type coat, so I don't have any experience with the cottony coats. I am sure that different products work better on the different coat types, though.