lise

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 12 Times in 12 Posts
I've gotten the quote now, 1 step closer! Lol
Old 03-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #173
Buzzys Mom

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, Oscar is 10.5 months old already (how time flies) and all of a sudden he has started pooping in the house out of no where. This moring he was let out, everything like normal (no change in routine) my husband brought him back in, and they all came upstairs. Buzzy went to the bed (like normal), Oscar came in to the bathroom with me while I did my makeup (like normal) and hubby was getting dressed. Oscar just walks out of the bathroom, looks at hubby and poops on the floor! This is the 3rd "accident" in 3 days. It started out of nowhere. We still put him in the ex-pen and have not changed, routine, food, etc. Is this the dreaded adolescence? How long will this last??? Anyone else have this problem?
Buzzys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #174
Sammi's Mama

Submit Photo: 1
Sammi is 11 months old and she is acting out in other ways. She runs and bites at you. It is totally harmless but I wouldn't want her doing that to a guest. I remove her and put her in "timeout" until she calms down. She also grabs things like socks and eyeglasses and taunts me with them. She is so sneaky we call her "Swiper" like on Dora. I have found if I ignore her (while watching from afar to see she doesn't destroy anything) she gets bored and drops it. The puppy trainer said 9 months was when adolescence would start but I believe it is closer to 10.5 and 11!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Old 03-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #175
Sparkle

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Kallie just turned 11 months & she's become quite a little pill! She's tall enough now to stand up on the trash can & reach inside. Paper towels, newspaper, all's fair game to her. Working very hard to break that nice little habit. Tonight she was pulling the stuffing out of her favorite toy. She's NEVER torn up toys before. Pooping in the house after being taken outside. It's a good thing we buy large packages of toilet paper, cause she's gone thru 2 rolls in the past week. And they're on top of the bathroom vanity! She's just longer now & can stand up & pull things off. So yes, I can also see a huge rebellious stage going on right now. We'll get thru it, just a little tryinjg at times!
Old 03-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #176
Buzzys Mom

I am so glad I am not the only one! We thought there was something wrong since this is a change in his behavior, but I am guessing it will pass. Hopefully sooner rather than later!
Buzzys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:11 PM   #177
Sparkle

Think of it as the teen years!
Old 07-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #178
swaye

Submit Photo: 12
Photo Submissions 5 Times in 5 Posts
Goodness!! Do all Havi's regress in potty training during adolescence? How long does that last? Sophie has only had 1 poop accident in the house and that was the 1st week we had her. She is 6 1/2 months and has not had a pee accident in over 2 months. I am not liking what I am reading. She has stopped some of her attention getting negative behavior and now I am reading there may be more down the pike! UGH!!!
swaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:06 PM   #179
DebW

Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
My Sheldon will be 12 weeks on Saturday. He spends the nights in a crate next to me on the bed - he's only getting me up once during the night now, so we're making headway. We go to the bathroom (literally) where he pees on a mat in the shower and earns a freeze-dried liver treat.

He spends days in an ex-pen - whining and crying a lot when I'm not home (subject of another thread). I'm working F/T this week, so have neighbor girls come over at lunch to give him a walk. As per others' suggestions, I've been hiding his kibble in toys to keep him busy while I'm gone - he has gotten the hang of that now.

Sheldon charms people wherever he goes. Last night someone asked me what he was an I replied "Havanese". She looked puzzled about 5 seconds, then asked "half Pekinese and half what?"

Sheldon is very friendly with all humans he meets, but guarded with canines. I'm taking him to puppy play date at the Humane Society on Saturday mornings. It's so fun watching all the puppies play together! He's in the Featherweight class (<15 lbs).
DebW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #180
Sparkle

I'm sure there are quite a few that don't regress in the potty training. But as you can see, some do! Just like a toddler being potty trained, will go for a while, then an accident happens just because it can! But you just get on top of it immediately.