3rd puppy vacciness - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
3rd puppy vacciness
Old 02-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
roxie2519

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
3rd puppy vacciness

They gave him the 2nd puppy vaccines on 12/22/12, then they told us to come back on 1/23/13, but they have also sent us an appointment card by mail, telling us to go for his 3rd vaccines on February 14th. I don't understand them anymore. I just want to know the correct date, but they seem like they don't know their stuff. So I just want to ask you guys. What would be the correct date?

Thanks!
roxie2519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #2
davetgabby
Dave T

Photo Submissions 35 Times in 35 Posts
I would ask them to clarify the discrepancy. Here is Jean Dodds recommendations. http://www.itsfortheanimals.com/DODD...-PROTOCOLS.HTM
davetgabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #3
roxie2519

Thank you/
Old 02-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #4
lfung5
LINDA

Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 31 Times in 28 Posts
I also follow Jean Dobbs protocol. Be careful with over vaccinating. A lot of vets want to vaccinate for everything. Even for stuff your pup might not need....they make a ton of money from vaccines.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:04 PM   #5
roxie2519

This is what I don't understand. He had all of this vaccines before I bought him. But they said that he has to repeat them 3 times and then the Rabbis vaccine when he turns 1 year old. His hair wasn't falling out until after he got this vaccines. I hate it when vets lie just to get your money. Why do they study for so many years if they are not passionate about helping animals?
Old 02-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #6
davetgabby
Dave T

Photo Submissions 35 Times in 35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxie2519 View Post
This is what I don't understand. He had all of this vaccines before I bought him. But they said that he has to repeat them 3 times and then the Rabbis vaccine when he turns 1 year old. His hair wasn't falling out until after he got this vaccines. I hate it when vets lie just to get your money. Why do they study for so many years if they are not passionate about helping animals?
http://www.dogs4dogs.com/blog/2011/1...-pushing-back/
davetgabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #7
emichel

Photo Submissions 5 Times in 5 Posts
I'm sure most went into it because of their love for animals, but there are bad apples in every profession. My guess is that it's more out of doing what they were taught plus not keeping up. In any case, if I didn't trust my vet and was not getting satisfactory answers, I would look for another one!

Eileen and Benjamin
emichel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #8
lfung5
LINDA

Photo Submissions 31 Times in 28 Posts
I found as a puppy owner, I had to tell them what I wanted. I had to do my own research and decide what was best for my guys. If I left it up to the vet, they would be vaccinated yearly...,,
Same with food...
Old 02-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #9
sandypaws

Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 15 Times in 15 Posts
I have not been involved with this situation because when I got my Havs in 1996 & 1997, the breed was not vaccine sensitive so the boys got whatever the vet recommended at the time. Now, knowing what I do, I would definitely insist on titers rather than just getting vaccines every three years other than rabies which is required in our state by law. Trust your own instincts and do what you feel is right for your pets.

Mary and Tyler (miss you, Bailey - 1996-2011)
sandypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #10
puppy-love

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
Julie had a reaction to her 2nd shot. She received DHPP despite my asking for distemper and parvovirus only. No 3rd shot for her this month. I'll get her a titer and see what that shows.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
puppy-love is offline   Reply With Quote