Introduce yourself part 3! - Page 27 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Thank you
Old 02-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #261
Jeannette7099

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Thank you

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the welcome and dog ownership links. I am going to read them directly after posting this. It's interesting that one of the articles is on puppy or adult, because I'm interested in bringing a young adult dog into our lives. That way we will know more about his/her temperament and won't have to go through the puppy stage, which I have read in articles and heard from my sister is a pretty challenging. My sister has a 12 lb Pomeranian, who is such a sweet and submissive little dog. She really took the time and effort to train her well.
Jeannette7099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:09 PM   #262
davetgabby
Dave T

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 35 Times in 35 Posts
you're welcome, take your time. I have lots of info once you decide lol.

Last edited by davetgabby; 02-06-2013 at 09:11 PM.
davetgabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:01 PM   #263
gertchie

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 4 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmclean View Post
Hi, my baby, Lucy, is 6 months old now. I got her in November and I am madly in love! I have really been enjoying reading different threads as I am new to Havanese. Lucy is shaved because since getting her, we have moved into a new house with a sticker problem. Her Velcro hair will have to stay short until we can get rid of them��. I loved her hair and can't wait to grow it back out but I have found short hair has benefits! I can actually see her squatting in time to catch her (potty training bonus!)
Lucy is a shy little dog and we are working on getting her to be more social. This has not been easy, she is so sensitive. Hoping to get lots of advise on that and training tips!
Thanks for having this forum!
Welcome to the forum! My Ozzie is very sensitive....touch and sound. He can't stand the clicker and I was intent on clicker training. My new trainer is teaching me how to train him without the clicker so all is turning out well! I would recommend a trainer who understands shy and sensitive dogs and doesn't try to push them beyond their comfort level, that can cause them to regress. Ozzie is doing much better and I'm sure Lucy will do great too! They are so worth everything we invest in them!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #264
m0rg4n

Submit Photo: 1
~Waves~

Hello everyone!

My name is Morgan and we recently (Feb 2nd) brought our first Hav home. In the 6 days that Indy has been here he's mushed himself into our family and he is the BEST puppy (I'm sure I'm not biased). My husband and our 11 year old daughter are smitten and I'm very glad I get to stay home or I'd never get any puppy time.

While looking up any information, help and guides I always seem to find myself back at this forum so I wanted to join and stay better updated. It seems so many of our questions have already been asked and answered here and I can't tell you how much I appreciate having appropriate information for this guy.

So here's Indiana. He's 10 weeks old now and is a champ. He's already letting us know when he needs to go outside and is slowly getting used to the crate at night... luckily, he is also a wonderful napper during the day so I'm not entirely a walking zombie.

m0rg4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #265
sandypaws

Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 15 Times in 15 Posts
Welcome to the forum Morgan and Indy. He is beautiful and I love his coloring. You'll enjoy every minute with him. Good luck and keep the pictures coming.

Mary and Tyler (miss you, Bailey - 1996-2011)
sandypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:20 PM   #266
puppy-love

Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
Welcome Morgan and Indiana! Indy is adorable <3

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
puppy-love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #267
Becky Chittenden

Photo Submissions 6 Times in 6 Posts
Wellcome and Indy is darling; I love his color
Old 02-09-2013, 07:17 AM   #268
lfung5
LINDA

Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 31 Times in 28 Posts
Welcome!!1 He is so adorable. Almost looks like a stuffed animal!
Old 02-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #269
davetgabby
Dave T

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 35 Times in 35 Posts
Welcome he's beautiful., yep , we pride ourselves on helping out new Hav owners.
davetgabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:36 PM   #270
yoplait70

hello,

My husband and I are the proud parents of a Flower Power, a 9 month old Havanese, in addition to two cats named Pooh Bear (AKA "Pooh) and George Fox (AKA "Georgie"). We got Flower as a 5.5 month old, and she has brought so much joy into our lives. The picture is from her puppy kindergarten graduation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG_0110.jpg (436.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2745.JPG (41.8 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2671.JPG (52.1 KB, 3 views)
yoplait70 is offline   Reply With Quote