What are your favorite colors? - Page 3 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #21
Missy

Submit Photo: 27
Photo Submissions 46 Times in 33 Posts
the brindle boy is handsome, but will likely change quite a bit (unless others in the same line have kept a lot of color) i love the little cow puppies (B & W's!)
Old 02-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #22
yatesja

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
I will get to go pick out my puppy when they are 8 weeks old. I get first pick The time is going way too slow! She keeps the puppies till theyre 10 weeks old, which i totally understand is good for many reasons. She will send new pictures next week!
yatesja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #23
TilliesMom

Photo Submissions 35 Times in 35 Posts
Black and White ALL the way!

the sable/cream ones will all turn white.
A few more weeks and your breeder should be able to see some personalities emerging.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:08 AM   #24
Laurief

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 28 Times in 20 Posts
As you can see from my Avatar - I dont have a favorite - I just get one of each color and then I dont have to choose -
Laurief is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Nominates Laurief Great Photo:
Katiemom (03-01-2013)
Old 02-24-2013, 07:21 AM   #25
yatesja

Oh Laurie your dogs are so happy looking and just gorgeous! I actually like the way the sables lighten up but have dark tipping on their fur. And i am actually paetial to white and cream. Heck any color will be beautiful! When i talked to the breeder, before the litter was born, she asked what i was looking for in a puppy. I told her one whose personality was suitable to a family with young grandkids , a puppy who would be sociable and enjoy going places and meeting people, etc. As far as color i said i wasnt too picky, i do like white, cream, sable, black and white. When the litter was born she said every color i had talked about was in this litter lol!
Old 02-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #26
wynne

Submit Photo: 10
Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
I am partial to the tri colors as well, but I love the chocolates as well. You might want to go with one that has the black around the eyes, that way you wont see the the tear staining as much. Just a thought.
wynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:38 PM   #27
TilliesMom

Photo Submissions 35 Times in 35 Posts
the sables with the dark tipping WILL lose all the color when/if you trim them and it does not grow back, just fyi!
LOve that you have such a great open mind about colors!! these havs can be like chameleons! lol
Old 03-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #28
Carefulove

Photo Submissions 8 Times in 8 Posts
Colors are fun and they change a lot!

When I got my first pup, I was thrilled that he had a nice dark face (Dark Gold Sable) and a few spots on his back. He grew up to be a stunning dog with a white face and dark gold sable ears.
I love everything about him, except the tear stains on his white face!

My second pup is black with white markings and I love the fact that his face always looks clean!!!

One of the colors I never really liked much in havs is the silver. It turns out, my Black dog is silvering and HE.LOOKS.STUNNING!!! How about that!

All that just goes to show you how much colors change. For what I have seen, blacks and whites are the ones that keep the color the most, but even those DO change. Sables lighten up a lot, to the point that at times during their adulthood, they may look almost white.
From that bunch you posted...I like them all!

Peluito's King Bumi (Bumi)

Across the Rainbow Bridge - Starborn Mi Pequeño Tesoro (Toby) - Miss you my sweet boy.
Carefulove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:03 PM   #29
yatesja

Colors are a fun topic with the Havanese! I love them all! I started out wanting white, because there aren't that many white dogs. I like unusual colors and markings. But the more videos of black and whitez i watch the more i love em. It truly doesnt matter which color i get though I just wish the breeder would send me new pics! I havent heard from her in 9 days lol. I read somewhere on this forum that a girl getting a new puppy gets weekly visits...she is so lucky!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #30
heatherk
Elissa's and Ceylon's Mom

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 7 Times in 7 Posts
I never was all that interested in black and tans - I mean, I loved all the colors, but I really didn't think I would ever get a black one. Until I met our new little guy, and fell in love with him!
heatherk is offline   Reply With Quote