Pet Cam - Page 3 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #21
jemmax

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
Is the dropcam easy to setup ? I'm not super techy !
jemmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:58 PM   #22
Fashiongal21

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
Yes very easy!... We Loved it!!..
Fashiongal21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:14 AM   #23
Tuss

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 8 Times in 8 Posts
I just use the webcam on my labtop and set it to record and then watch it when i get home. I never thought of watching from my iphone. I record every now and then just to make sure there is no separation anxiety. Gemma just sleeps in her crate. Ruby sleeps on the sofa and every couple hours goes on "patrol" around the house and then goes back to the sofa.

When Ruby (my high energy labradoodle) was a puppy i used the webcam when i had a dog walker. I suspected her walks were shorter than i we arranged because the dog was so hyper in the evenings (we agreed to a 45 minute walk and i was paying for her to come for an hour). Well, when i came home and watched the video i discovered she was was at my home for only 15 minutes, let the dog outside and spent the rest of the time sitting on my sofa reading a magazine, then put the dog back in the crate and left. She didn't even walk the dog! no wonder she was so hyper! I used the video to fire her and make sure that she lost her other "dog walking clients" that i knew about.

Tuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #24
dodrop82

Photo Submissions 4 Times in 4 Posts
Very clever, Tuss! Good detective work!
Old 02-22-2013, 07:22 AM   #25
Lola :)

Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuss View Post
I just use the webcam on my labtop and set it to record and then watch it when i get home. I never thought of watching from my iphone. I record every now and then just to make sure there is no separation anxiety. Gemma just sleeps in her crate. Ruby sleeps on the sofa and every couple hours goes on "patrol" around the house and then goes back to the sofa.

When Ruby (my high energy labradoodle) was a puppy i used the webcam when i had a dog walker. I suspected her walks were shorter than i we arranged because the dog was so hyper in the evenings (we agreed to a 45 minute walk and i was paying for her to come for an hour). Well, when i came home and watched the video i discovered she was was at my home for only 15 minutes, let the dog outside and spent the rest of the time sitting on my sofa reading a magazine, then put the dog back in the crate and left. She didn't even walk the dog! no wonder she was so hyper! I used the video to fire her and make sure that she lost her other "dog walking clients" that i knew about.
Yikes! good for you to catch her..poor Ruby wasn't getting the walk she deserves!
Old 02-22-2013, 02:54 PM   #26
Buzzys Mom

Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
I use iCam also-it's great and worth the $5!
Buzzys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
My Boys
Old 02-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #27
HavaneseSoon
Linda

Submit Photo: 73
Photo Submissions 24 Times in 22 Posts
My Boys

Actually got to use the Pet Cam. I will have to adjust where I put my computer, there is too much light coming in from the front window.

But, they both sat on the chair looking out the window the entire time. Dexter sat on the inner part of the chair, so most of the time I could not see Dexter. I did happen to get this one picture of Dexter, most of the time, Jack was standing up looking out the window with his feet on the table.

You can take pictures (mine is set once every 5 minutes). There is an archive of the pictures on your computer and you can decide which one you want to save....readjust brightness (which I did, because my pictures were too dark). I did some other adjustments so the picture probably does not look clear as it should. It was fun. Now, I have to find the other picture where Jack is standing up on the table looking outside. I found it! On the second picture, I adjusted brightness and a little of the shadows, the second picture looks better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dexter & Jack 2013-02-24 21-33-00.jpg (47.7 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg Standing up Jack2013-02-24 21-28-00.jpg (43.8 KB, 53 views)

Dexter & Jack
"One Hav is NOT enough to enjoy the RLH skills!"

Last edited by HavaneseSoon; 02-24-2013 at 04:56 PM. Reason: added another picture
HavaneseSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:51 AM   #28
Beach Guy

Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
I use a Dropcam, and I'm very pleased with it. It takes about 5 minutes to unpack it and set it up. The video quality is pretty good, and it has night vision too. It also has a microphone/speaker. I can hear what's going on, and I can speak into the iPhone app and my voice comes out of the camera. Since this is our first puppy, we were extremely nervous...I just wanted to be able to check on the little guy!
Beach Guy is offline   Reply With Quote