Havanese Forum banner

Age and size of your Hav

40K views 197 replies 107 participants last post by  31818 
#1 ·
I was just wondering what the age and size of everyone's Hav's are. I know there is a wide range. My Einstein is 13.2 lbs and Watson is 16.4 and they just turned 3. I haven't been on here in a few months. Nice to see the new members.

#98 ·
lol, let me know how THAT works out for ya! ;)

Tillie was 7 lbs at 7 months old, held steady at 8 1/2 lbs till she was a little over 2 and recently has packed on a few ounces (thanks to training:pound:) and is close to 9 lbs now. ;) I did NOT specifically look for a small hav, but with my back issues, I am SO incredibly thankful she IS on the small side!!
God knew exactly what I needed! :peace:

#101 ·
I was looking for a Hav in the 8-12 lb range. When I actually saw Nina and was told she was 4 1/2 lb at 5 months I was a bit nervous. Some other things lined up for me like her color and age. I looked at a some other ones but they were too small/young for my liking. DH said, "You wanted that one. Take it." She gained soon after she came home and seems more energetic and strong. I have lots of people children and Nina keeps up with them. At the same time she is my little lap dog. We always had large dogs, very large. This time I put down my foot and got a little dog for me. She might still make the 8 -10 lb.

#118 ·
Huey was 11.9lbs. at 81/2 months. He will be 9 months on Cristmas day. Vet says probably 13-14 pounds at full grown. Best 13-14 lbs. we have every added to our lives. Very interesting to see all the size variations out there. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all from a newby.:)

#121 ·
Miss Dottie: getting much bigger...

Wow last time I posted, our new pup Dottie was tiny at 9 weeks old...she weighed about 3 lbs or so. Now she is 6 months old and weighs about 9 lbs...Beanie, our other Hav is 3 years and weighs 8 lbs! Here's yesterday's picture with Dottie on the left and Beanie on the right. You can't quite tell but Dottie is much bigger than Beanie! How big do you think she will get? She eats like a horse...we actually call her "Little Miss Holstein". ;) By the way, it was really difficult to get them to stop playing and look at the camera!!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.