Havanese Forum banner

Liver Water

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  The Laughing Magpie 
#1 ·
Hi, Everyone:

I wanted to share with you something I have learned from other dog discussion groups - liver water. You get some raw liver from the grocery store or butcher and boil it in some water. Then, you take out the liver (cut into small pieces for treats for the dogs) and strain the water. The broth is then supposedly very good for sick dogs, ailing puppies, or any dogs having trouble with their appetite and eating.
Anyone ever try it? I haven't, but I intend to. First I have to buy a clothespin to cover my nose, though.:)

Phyllis

#3 ·
:juggle:Well maybe Iron? Mine get diarrhea with real liver but maybe liver water would be better . Although I wouldn't want to eat the left overs. I don't like liver because it is the organ that processes all the yuck. Sometimes I do crave a liver pate.

#4 ·
Liver is an organ meat, we use to call them sundries, organ meats are packed with vitamins. Our dogs are very small, although good in general, dogs can get too much and then they are toxic. Be very careful with this. Liver and organ meats mixed in with others foods have small amounts and are fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.