Havanese Forum banner

Grooming tricks

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Charleysmom 
#1 ·
I thought I would start a tread to share the best trade secrets of grooming - as I have come across one.

I enjoy grooming Cora, think it makes us get closer. however, sometimes, usually when I rim his nails, he pulls his paws, moves suddenly, which makes me nervous, which in turn makes him nervous. Sometimes I let him go without finishing what I started.

Today was different. I just finished giving him a shorter cut. and he was standing and keeping still for about 45 minutes! This is so unheard of. I didn't even use the grooming arm.

My secret: Wobbly table. He worked on balancing himself, especially when he is on three feet, and did not budge.

So happy with the results. Here is a picture of him after the cut. Happy and filled with treats :)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
another trick, which probably is not a secret: when he has a mat close to skin and has to be cut, I slide my comb under the mat and cut on the top, in order to not accidently cut into the skin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.