The sisters bath day - Page 2 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > Grooming

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #11
pjewel
Super Moderator

Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 40 Times in 25 Posts
Interestingly, with all the expensive shampoos and conditioners I've bought, I've been bathing the troops in Dawn dish detergent (with Olay) since we had a first ever problem with fleas. They are cleaner than they have ever been (when I bathe them, not the groomer), and shiny (except for Bailey whose coat is more cottony. Go figure!

If you're thinking of getting a puppy, click here
http://www.photoshow.com/watch/YK8AH4rw
pjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #12
pjewel
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrLhasa View Post
Mine cannot hide under the bed because we have a captain's bed. LOL

Regarding washing two at once - are you nuts?
I have enough to do one at a time.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #13
Luciledodd

Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 9 Times in 9 Posts
Geri I use Dawn every other bath. Love it. I use the Shimmering Lights the other times. Course since Rosie has been shaved down, I could wash her with a washrag like a baby.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #14
pjewel
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciledodd View Post
Geri I use Dawn every other bath. Love it. I use the Shimmering Lights the other times. Course since Rosie has been shaved down, I could wash her with a washrag like a baby.
Funny, I love the Dawn baths. They come out squeaky clean.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:06 AM   #15
heatherk
Elissa's and Ceylon's Mom

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 7 Times in 7 Posts
They look great Suzi!

I haven't taken a drowned rat (i.e., bath) pic of Cey in a while. They do look so funny and pathetic all wetted down! And so clean and beautiful after! (Just about to post an after-bath pic of Cey on the forum myself actually!)
heatherk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #16
Suzi

Submit Photo: 14
Photo Submissions 38 Times in 38 Posts
Ever since their bath both Maddie and Zoey have been itching really bad. I thought I got them rinsed out well . Maddie is the worst I don't think I'll use that shampoo any more. I also dont like the way their coat feels it turned from really soft to sort of sticky.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #17
Suzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipersmom View Post
Aww, poor Maddie! Your girls are so cute Suzi

Have you ever tried bathing them together or is that crazy? Now that I have Riley, I was wondering if it was possible or completely insane to even try.
I was thinking about doing that but the problem would be one would have to sit around wet after.It would be a cute picture.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #18
motherslittlehelper
Linda

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 22 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipersmom View Post
Aww, poor Maddie! Your girls are so cute Suzi

Have you ever tried bathing them together or is that crazy? Now that I have Riley, I was wondering if it was possible or completely insane to even try.
Julie, why don't you try doing two together and then letting us know how it goes. I don't even want to think about how it would go at our house. I had enough trouble after one afternoon of snow and taking them both out to play, and their legs and feet got full of snowballs. Trying to get them herded into the bathroom and taking turns getting them into the tub and melting the snowballs off was a huge enough challenge without adding shampoos and conditioners and full body wet downs into the mix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
Ever since their bath both Maddie and Zoey have been itching really bad. I thought I got them rinsed out well . Maddie is the worst I don't think I'll use that shampoo any more. I also dont like the way their coat feels it turned from really soft to sort of sticky.
Oh, Suzi, I am so sorry to hear that. I would get them shampooed again, pronto. I don't recall Finn having any itching following the use of it - I just didn't like the gummy way it made him feel. In fact, I think he was still in the tub and I thought 'ick -I don't like this stuff' and rinsed him and rewashed him with something else. I was hoping it would work for your girls since it sounds like they have different type coats. At any rate, I am glad you didn't spend the money to buy any yourself! I do really like the Pure Paws Ultra Reconstructive shampoo - I bought a huge bottle of it at the last show - and then my own ISO conditioner. I might have to try the Dawn on them. I think that is what I already have in the kitchen.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #19
Suzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherslittlehelper View Post
Julie, why don't you try doing two together and then letting us know how it goes. I don't even want to think about how it would go at our house. I had enough trouble after one afternoon of snow and taking them both out to play, and their legs and feet got full of snowballs. Trying to get them herded into the bathroom and taking turns getting them into the tub and melting the snowballs off was a huge enough challenge without adding shampoos and conditioners and full body wet downs into the mix.

Oh, Suzi, I am so sorry to hear that. I would get them shampooed again, pronto. I don't recall Finn having any itching following the use of it - I just didn't like the gummy way it made him feel. In fact, I think he was still in the tub and I thought 'ick -I don't like this stuff' and rinsed him and rewashed him with something else. I was hoping it would work for your girls since it sounds like they have different type coats. At any rate, I am glad you didn't spend the money to buy any yourself! I do really like the Pure Paws Ultra Reconstructive shampoo - I bought a huge bottle of it at the last show - and then my own ISO conditioner. I might have to try the Dawn on them. I think that is what I already have in the kitchen.
I really liked it for about the first 4 days now its has a weird texture. But I really appreciate you sending it because I would probably have tried it . I'm so not in the mood to give them another bath . Hey for kicks I will give them one together!
I wish I had baby shampoo here I love the smell.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #20
motherslittlehelper
Linda

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 22 Times in 21 Posts
Well, you are much more brave than I to bathe them together!! I hope you have your camera handy - but I am thinking you are going to be wishing you had ten arms!