Havanese Forum banner

SAD Dogs

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  clare 
#1 ·
#3 ·
The dogs I have now are all fine with the darkish days, although they don't like the rain much. When I first moved here from So. CA my little shih tzu Poohkey would get seemly real depressed in the winter...my Vet told me to get a special light box, even showed me that his kennel is fitted with them. One hour a day exposure it worked.

#4 ·
cool. I know it bothers me. By the end of January, I get the blues.

#6 ·
I know i'm in the minority, but I really don't mind dark days. In fact, in the summer when we have a long stretch of sunny hot days ,I get depressed with that!
When we have sunny days in the winter I open the front door and Whimsy will lay there and soak up the rays mid day. Sometimes I will sit on the floor there with her.

Attachments

#7 ·
I hear ya there Evelyn.

#8 ·
I hate the short days and long nights of winter. The little ones -- doesn't seem to bother them at all.

#9 ·
I'm with you, Evelyn. I, too, get depressed with too many sunny, warm days. Cloudy days are my favorite, especially in the winter. I think it's so cozy, especially with a fire in the fireplace, a cup of hot cocoa with marshmallow and a peppermint stick and a good book. Just love it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.