Havanese Forum banner

Downton Abbey!

13K views 121 replies 36 participants last post by  sandypaws 
#1 ·
One more day until the new season of Downton Abbey! :peace: We rewatched some of the last episodes of last season so we are ready to go! Any other fans?

#98 ·
Just PLEASE don't think the horrible upstairs/downstairs snobbery and nastiness is what we are all like in modern day England!!! This is SO stylised and fictionalised, and I've read awful articles where people actually think this is in some way true to life; it's NOT in ANY way representative of England then, and certainly not now!!!!!

#101 ·
Thanks, guys!! No-one clever enough to own a Havanese could possibly believe Downton Abbey to be true, silly me ever to have worried on that score! I'll stop defending my fellow countrymen, at least on this forum!!! I think it's probably some of my fellow countrymen who can seriously imagine that life might ever have been quite like that in English stately homes!!!

#118 ·
Yes definitely getting interesting. I had to pause to read the note Edith got good thing I have to DVR the shows. I think Mary is going to hook up with the guy that is doing the study on Downton. I also noticed the lab is much more visible in scenes, he was sitting by the fireplace when the band was playing and everyone was dancing. I could only imagine what Mae would have been doing! :pound:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.