Havanese Forum banner

Thank you Forum!

1K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  Thumper 
#1 ·
I was reading a post on ear infections today and buried within it was evidence that a spammer had gotten on and possibly given people bad (or at least not good) advise on how to treat it. Right after that was another little flurry of posts concerned about the spam and how it might hurt users of the Forum with misadvise. Of course, due to someone's diligence, the spam itself was gone.

I turn to this forum for SO MUCH advise. And even when I'm not posting, I'm reading about the concerns of others and learning from their posts and the responses to them. I file it all away in my brain and when something happens to Henry, it frequently rings a bell and allows me to take the right action.

Yesterday a friend of mine told me that her 4-year old Tibetan Terrier was having seizures and had been told that the dog was poisoned by being over vaccinated! That has never happened to Henry and it never will. Why? Because I learned about measuring titers and the dangers of vaccinations from this forum! He always has his titers measured and has never needed another vaccine since puppyhood.

All of this is to say THANK YOU. Thank you to the faithful, concerned, and helpful users of this forum. Thank you to the incredibly knowledgeable "regulars" like DaveGabby and Karen Randall and Missy and Whimsey and Thumper who are always watching out for everyone else (I know I forgot a few in this category because I'm so bad with names but you know who you are and you are loved).

And THANK YOU to the Moderators who make sure that spam and spammers never have a chance to take over and turn our beloved forum into a pile of junk mail. I thank you all and so does my baby Henry who no doubt would have constant diarrhea, yeast infections, bad behavior of all kinds, and a host of other problems if it weren't for all the loving and expert advise we have received from all of you.

I'm Jewish but consider this an early Christmas message from me and The Hen (Henry). The forum has been a gift to us all.

See less See more
#6 ·
Me too, me too :). This place has been a wealth of information. I wish I'd found it when my Isabella was brand new, but feel so blessed to have found it anyway. There's been many times I've picked up information that at the time, wasn't too relevant but sure came in handy when I needed it as its helped me identify things I might otherwise have missed. This forum is like a living set of encyclopedias and it's all because people take the time out of their busy lives to share what they've learned.

So, Merry Christmas to all celebrating and Happy Chanukah to you, Nancy and to all enjoying Chanukah!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com App

#8 ·
I agree with all that has been said and, although I have been a Havanese owner since 1996, I have learned so much from this forum. Lots of things have changed since then and someday, when I do get a new puppy, I will be able to go back and find all the info I need to help me out. It seems as though, between all of you, you have been through it all. Thanks everyone for sharing your wealth of knowledge and I hope you all have a happy, healthy holiday season, no matter which one you celebrate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.