Met our new puppy today!! - Page 4 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #31
windym300
Wendy

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 4 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odieo View Post
Thanks for that bit of information...we were contemplating on when to bring him home...since my husband travels I wanted to bring him when he was going to be around for at least for 2 weeks so that they could bond. My husband will be home end of February which will put us around 10 weeks for the puppy. My nanny's parents breed ****zu's and she said the same thing about bringing him home around 10 weeks...
I think that's a good time too. I hear its always good if they aren't going to be living with other dogs full time, to be able to spend that early time to learn some doggie behavior lessons. I've seen how much the pups are learning around that time when I go visit when my breeder has pups. She only lives 4 miles away so I go over and get my puppy fix whenever I want. Of course she hasn't had a litter in 8 mths! I think it's about time for her to have another one seeing all these cute puppy pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Old 01-15-2013, 09:01 AM   #32
ldyj

Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
Jude has been a doll! My older dogie, Dani, played with him the first day I had him, then she wouldn't have a lot to do with him after that. Guess she thought he was company and she wanted to do the polite thing. When she realized he was staying, well that's a different story! As soon as Jude turned 8 weeks old, (almost to the day!) Dani started playing with him again. They get along really well and cavort around several times a day. He follows her around in the yard, so I keep him in the house when I know she wants to do her business. He likes to use her tail for dental floss! He seems very well adjusted, plays with his toys, gets lot's of love, sleeps through the night and, for the most part if I pay attention, goes outside. The only thing that I've found a little different in his behavour is he's the first puppy I've ever seen who doesn't gobble up their food as soon as they get it. Right now, for example, he's playing with his toys and then will go in his ex-pen and eat a bit, then come out and play, go in and eat. Kinda funny to me lol!
Old 01-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #33
pjewel
Super Moderator

Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 39 Times in 25 Posts
I love the tail for dental floss line, it made me LOL. When Ruby was a baby she used to grab the boys' top knots and drag them around. Finally, when there was little enough hair to pull up, I had to give it up and cut the hair enough to see their eyes (sometimes). It's a lot of fun to watch them interact with each other.

If you're thinking of getting a puppy, click here
http://www.photoshow.com/watch/YK8AH4rw
pjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #34
ldyj

Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
I love dogs, and especially love the dogs I was blessed to have!! Karen, you are a great Humom! Thanks for all your information - appreciate it!!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:18 AM   #35
jillnors2

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Your puppy is ADORABLE!!
jillnors2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:13 PM   #36
Ewokpup

Photo Submissions 6 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odieo View Post
Thanks for that bit of information...we were contemplating on when to bring him home...since my husband travels I wanted to bring him when he was going to be around for at least for 2 weeks so that they could bond. My husband will be home end of February which will put us around 10 weeks for the puppy. My nanny's parents breed ****zu's and she said the same thing about bringing him home around 10 weeks...
It's great that you can visit him before bringing him home, will make transitioning easier.

I can't remember how old Miss Yorkie was...at least 8 weeks...Bama was 9.
Ewokpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #37
Ewokpup

Photo Submissions 6 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldyj View Post
Jude has been a doll! My older dogie, Dani, played with him the first day I had him, then she wouldn't have a lot to do with him after that. Guess she thought he was company and she wanted to do the polite thing. When she realized he was staying, well that's a different story! As soon as Jude turned 8 weeks old, (almost to the day!) Dani started playing with him again. They get along really well and cavort around several times a day. He follows her around in the yard, so I keep him in the house when I know she wants to do her business. He likes to use her tail for dental floss! He seems very well adjusted, plays with his toys, gets lot's of love, sleeps through the night and, for the most part if I pay attention, goes outside. The only thing that I've found a little different in his behavour is he's the first puppy I've ever seen who doesn't gobble up their food as soon as they get it. Right now, for example, he's playing with his toys and then will go in his ex-pen and eat a bit, then come out and play, go in and eat. Kinda funny to me lol!

Aww he is doing that grazing thing I've read in diet books (human ones). Bama didn't want to eat...we had to put food into her mouth poor thing. But she wasn't the healthiest back then. Now she loves to eat!
Ewokpup is offline   Reply With Quote