Dancing with your dog - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Dancing with your dog
Old 02-25-2012, 07:40 AM   #1
Atticus

Submit Photo: 7
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
Dancing with your dog

There are 2 main freestyle organizations CFF... www.canine-freestyle.org and WCFO... www.worldcaninefreestyle.org . Since I was involved there could be more but these are the main ones. You tube has lots of video (good and bad) Carolyn Scott and Rookie (golden) Kate Nicholas and Gin (border collie) are fun to watch. My favorite trainer (clicker) is Emily Larlham She is young and new on the scene since I was doing freestyle but I like what I see. www.dogmammtics.com or google kikopup. She has tons of training videos. It is really fun whether you are dancing in your living room or at competitions! It's all about the joy of training,and doing something with your best buddy!
Old 02-25-2012, 10:29 AM   #2
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 68 Times in 68 Posts
I posted this on the other thread too, but also check out the YouTube videos of Crufts Freestyle... Amazing! May favorite is Tina Humphrey:

http://youtu.be/1lMMiUHfKyA

krandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:20 AM   #3
Atticus

Submit Photo: 7
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
Wow thanks Karen that is great! I did FS a while ago w/ my Setter but haven't been really watching it lately. It's becoming theater,too fun.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:54 PM   #4
davetgabby
Dave T

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 33 Times in 33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
There are 2 main freestyle organizations CFF... www.canine-freestyle.org and WCFO... www.worldcaninefreestyle.org . Since I was involved there could be more but these are the main ones. You tube has lots of video (good and bad) Carolyn Scott and Rookie (golden) Kate Nicholas and Gin (border collie) are fun to watch. My favorite trainer (clicker) is Emily Larlham She is young and new on the scene since I was doing freestyle but I like what I see. www.dogmammtics.com or google kikopup. She has tons of training videos. It is really fun whether you are dancing in your living room or at competitions! It's all about the joy of training,and doing something with your best buddy!
yeah Jody, I love freestyle. I agree Emily has the best videos on the web.
davetgabby is offline   Reply With Quote