West Coast Havanese Forum meetup?? - Page 4 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 12:09 PM   #31
Suzi

Submit Photo: 14
Photo Submissions 34 Times in 34 Posts
This campground is near Bend and it is much closer for Tammie only about 4 to 5 hr I think its about 6 from seattle and about 3 for me. The weather is always nice in the summer so we could plan any time during the summer months and be warm with out rain! The web site has a vedio I'll see if I can post it. . The area is another place I would love to move too.

UMALO STATE PARK

Nestled in the heart of sunny central Oregon, Tumalo rests along Oregon's spectacular Deschutes River. The campground is simultaneously close enough to the town of Bend to make an quick jaunt to the grocery store, but far enough away to escape the commotion. Its location makes it an ideal stepping stone for any type of outdoor activity you could possibly dream of: lush green golf courses, clear blue-ribbon trout steams, pristine alpine lakes, miles upon miles of challenging yet scenic hiking and mountain bike trails, and of course the Cascade Mountains are all within easy reach.

Winter recreation is just up the road at Mt. Bachelor where skiers and snowboarders can experience some of the best powder in the state. If you are not fond of the lifts, there are miles of groomed Nordic trails and tons of snowy back-country areas to explore.

At dawn or dusk try casting for rainbow trout as they sip at mayflies and caddisflies. Grab your raft and float with your feet dangling into the cool water during the heat of the summer. Take a hike and explore one of the river trails as they gently wind through canyons created by the untamed river. Watch deer forage for food just as the sun creeps below the rim of the canyon. Listen as coyotes perform their haunting call, announcing the sunset and the coming darkness. Smell the sweet fragrance of sage and juniper as the dew drips off its branches. Sit quietly in the evening and let the stars put on a show of their own. All of this plus a quiet, quaint campground where your family can stay in a yurt, or camp in your own tent or RV.

(1.2mb; full park brochure and map; requires Acrobat)

(715k; just the campground map; requires Acrobat)

Vital stats
Open year-round.
$5 daily day-use fee or buy a 12-month permit for $30 or a 24-month permit for $50. These 1- and 2-year permits are good at all state park day-use areas.
23 full hookup, 54 tent (maximum site 44 feet); 7 yurts; group tent (2 areas); hiker/biker camp. A and C loops, group camps and reservable picnic areas are closed October 1 through April 30. For information only, call (541) 382-3586 or (800) 551-6949. To make reservations, call 1-800-452-5687.

Pet friendly yurts and cabins
Two rustic yurts are now pet friendly to dogs and cats. There’s an optional $10 per night contribution to help us cover the additional costs to keep these pet-friendly units open. Limit 2 pets. Call 1-800-452-5687 and make your reservation (online reservations unavailable). Call the number above for reservations. More information and list of all campgrounds with pet friendly yurts and cabins.

Views of campground, day-use areas & recreation activities

Park rates (subject to rate changes; winter, emergency or other closures)October 1 to April 30 (Discovery Season)
Full rate: $22
Tent site: $16
Hiker/Biker (per person/per night): $5
Yurt: $39
Extra vehicle: $5
Daily day use: $5
Yearly day use: $30
Group (tent): $54 May 1 to September 30
Full rate: $26
Tent site: $21
Hiker/Biker (per person/per night): $5
Yurt: $39
Extra vehicle: $5
Daily day use: $5
Yearly day use: $30
Group (tent): $76

Services Camping Accessible camping Tent
Full hookup Yurts, cabins, tepees Reservable group tent
Showers Reservations Hiker/Biker
Playgrounds Picnicking Fishing
Swimming Hiking trail Forest
Waterways Desert Canyons
ADA restroom Year-round Restrooms

Events at this Park
Tumalo Let's Go Camping

Related Links
City of Bend
Weather forecast
High Desert Museum
Mt. Bachelor
Visiting Central Oregon
Tumalo Falls Trailhead
VisitBend - The Official Bend, Oregon Visitor Website
Fishing & Wildlife Viewing (ODFW)
ODFW Visitors' Guide

Nearby Parks and Other Attractions
Pilot Butte
LaPine campground
Cline Falls
Prineville Reservoir campground
Peter Skene Ogden
Smith Rock
The Cove Palisades campground

Relative Location

Off US 20, 5 mi. NW of Bend

Get directions to this park:Your full starting address
OR
town and state
OR
zip code

Google™ Maps opens in a new window

These driving directions are provided as a general guide only. User assumes all risk of use. Please consult the official Oregon highway map and check road conditions at Tripcheck.

Lat.: 44.128935 N
Long.: -121.331195 W
Old 03-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #32
Suzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnickersDad View Post
We might be able to make it -- even if it is in Oregon. I'd much prefer a nice sunny day (weekend), and, as you may well know it rains in Oregon quite a bit so that makes long range planning kinda difficult. Last September some friends and I spent a very fun weekend in the Lower Harbor in Brookings, Or. and it's just North of the Ca. border. As I recall the hotel was dog friendly, but don't know if it would be friendly enough to accommodate a full house of dog lovers and their pets....

It will be interesting to see where this leads...
Okay Linda needs to plan a vacation and you guys head north stop off in Rockland or Roseville and you all pile into Kathies SUV. Pick up angiern drive another 8 hr. to the Tumallo camp ground We plan two night group camp site in bend . So that is a 4 day trip for you guys!
Gertchie where in oregon do you live?
Old 03-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #33
Suzi

This looks inviting I think they have cabins too!

Old 03-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #34
TilliesMom

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 35 Times in 35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MopTop Havanese View Post
Hey, you won't drive 9 hours but it's ok for me to drive 10+ hours???!! LOL
Plus I drive an SUV- and with gas so expensive it costs me just under $100 to fill up. I would prob have to fill up at least 2, maybe 3 times just to get up to Oregon- then do the same thing coming home!! That would be a very expensive playdate for me!
ha ha ha, whoops, sometimes I forget you are another 3+ hrs south of me! too bad Ca is SO long, like 14 hrs top to bottom or something like that... on the East coast we could go through 10 different STATES in that time!
besides, math is SOOOOO not my strong area! LOL Last night I was asking my son how far it was to this city or that city and my 'estimates' were off by like 2-3 HOURS! LOL sooooo, I can NOT be trusted with numbers!
Old 03-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #35
TilliesMom

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 35 Times in 35 Posts
I don't know if the camping idea is going to work with as many dogs as we will have ... that Tumalo State park said only 2 yurts allow dogs...
What about looking for a rental house or pet friendly hotels (although I think splitting a house would be cheaper) in Eugene or Bend area? we would be willing to drive as far as needed to find a Great place that works for everyone with an area for the dogs!