Havanese Forum banner

Do your Havs do this? Lie down on your clothes

3K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  lfung5 
#1 · (Edited)
Whenever I put a piece of my clothing on the bed, floor or a place Fred can get to, he immediately scratch it and lies down on it. If I buy new clothes and I'm taking them out of the bags, as soon as I place them on my bed, he will lie on them. It's really super cute. But he wrinkles everything:)

I threw my coat on the ground to see how long it would take him and with a matter of seconds, I heard him get up from where he was to lie down on my coat. Here he is being adorable. Caught in the act!

Oh, he will also lie down on my purse! That can't be too comfortable!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
that's darling Linda, Molly steals my spot on the bed when I leave but Gwen has me trained not to leave clothes laying around. :whip:

#7 ·
Haha!!
Scudder does that to me. As soon as I get out of bed, even for a second, he lies down in my spot. Then I can see him pretending to be asleep, but then I catch his little eyes peeking up at me:) I wonder why they do that? I guess it must be comforting as someone else said.

#6 ·
My guys love my robe, in the morning they act insulted when I take it away to wear it. As for clothes I fear them finding anything with pockets, because when they are done it will have holes in the pockets! That picture is seriously cute.

#12 ·
Linda, such great photos. I look forward to seeing photos of your 'kids' - especially for the fashion show! Cute sweater!

Augie lays on our clothes too. He also takes over my spot on the couch if I get up for anything. And I can't lay a quilt top I am working on or a piece of fabric on the floor - he is there like a shot, thinking I have spread it out just for him. I haven't noticed this as much with Finn - he is a chewer so have to keep things picked up around him - especially socks - he has chewed holes in so many socks.

#15 ·
Linda, such great photos. I look forward to seeing photos of your 'kids' - especially for the fashion show! Cute sweater!

Augie lays on our clothes too. He also takes over my spot on the couch if I get up for anything. And I can't lay a quilt top I am working on or a piece of fabric on the floor - he is there like a shot, thinking I have spread it out just for him. I haven't noticed this as much with Finn - he is a chewer so have to keep things picked up around him - especially socks - he has chewed holes in so many socks.
Zoey has chewed holes in most of my socks too. Must be a genetic trait being half siblings.:) Maddie hides her treats in my laundry basket then lies their to guard it. She also sleeps on my pillow. Zoey acts like she is mad at me because she will sometimes pee on my pile of cloths. I contribute that to having been trained on washable pads?

#16 ·
It's funny to hear that a lot of other Hav's do this! This picture was taken yesterday. While my other 2 would prefer to lie on my BF, Fred liked lying on my BF's coat better!

Suzi,
Glad fred draws the line at just lying down on my clothes! LOL I would think it could have something to do with the washable pads.

Attachments

#17 ·
Both my dogs do the same thing, and it is frustrating when they wrinkle them. I think Charlie's deal is to just lay on the clothes; Lucy's is to be as high as possible. Like what Tilly does, Lucy will crawl up on top of the pile of towels I'm folding and carefully perches there sometimes not falling over with the pile. :) It's amazing how they act the same. Is it a small dog thing or a Hav thing?

#18 ·
Aw, he just wants to be as near to mommy (or her stuff) as he can. He l-o-v-e-s you! Mine, unfortunately, have a penchant for my underwear. :)

#23 ·
Ted cuddles up on my nightie while I shower. I'm pretty neat so no close lying around, but I'm sure he would drag them to the floor if I left them out. My daughters room has a barrier up at her door because she is not neat. Clothes, book, laptops, food I'm sure it would be heaven to any dog!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.