Havanese Forum banner

Newbie says Hi!

2K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  sassypupper 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Pattie. I'm 48 and live in Virginia with my husband, two children, german shepherd and yes, a rabbit.
We're "expecting" our first Havanese soon.
I grew up with shepherds, but have always liked Havanese. And, now that my two legged children won't sit in my lap and snuggle anymore...and my GSD is a little large for that...I decided it was high time I got myself a little Cuban lover! hahaha
We are an active family, horse shows, guitar lessons, hiking, lacrosse...of course for much of this I'm a sideline observer and so my "little man" will be my date.
I work at a progressive school where animals are welcome so he will be able to visit not only in my office, but in classrooms on a regular basis.
Whew! I was only just going to say a quick hi! Sorry for going on...
I've had such a great time using this forum as a resource for my research. Now I can't wait to REALLY participate. :)

#2 ·
Welcome, when are you due? lol

#7 ·
Well..we're working on the name, we've narrowed it down to about 10 hahaha.
Our breeder is Lynn at Los Perritos, she says he's a big personality in a little package. Small but Mighty!
Odieo - it's so exciting waiting for a new puppy isn't it. I cant wait to introduce the GSD we have here now. He's so great with puppies. (we foster from time to time)

#17 ·
Welcome to the forum. How old are your children? You will soon be expecting a new born baby! Get ready, you will need all the energy, patience in the world that you can manage! Welcome to your new world!

#20 ·
Hahaha Linda, don't I know it!!
My kids are 13 and 15, so they can help with "babysitting". My daughter is really excited to have a puppy that doesn't end up growing to 75 lbs. Haha
We have an eight week old GSD in the house now, that we're fostering from Rescue, so the kids know exactly what's in store. This one will only be with us for a couple of weeks, to learn some "manners", sit, down, leave it, come etc. So, we're all getting a refresher course on having a puppy in the house.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.