Havanese Forum banner

Bad Breeder Alert!

17K views 34 replies 18 participants last post by  Becky Chittenden 
#1 ·
I would like to start by saying that I don't post very much on here but I read just about everything that I have time to read. I do feel like I know most of you that post often. I really appreciate all of the advice and time you give to inform and try to help everyone who asks for it. Anyway, I don't want to write a long post to explain my whole situation that led up to why I am so mad right now. I am not great at writing and stuff anyway here goes.. I have a great friend that is also my dog's breeder who is wonderful and she is my mentor and everything. Anyway, one of my clients had asked me about this lady that she had went to school with that she ran into that also bred Havanese. Anyway, long story short- my breeder knew this lady and had tried to help her thinking she wanted to do things the right way. She took me over there one day last year to let me see her set up.. Let me just say OMG! She had so many dogs and she was keeping some of them(pups too) in electric fences because she can't contain them, is what she said! I could write a book about the hour or so I was there. She was having my breeder evaluate some of her pups for show. Which she never intended to follow through with showing any of them and she couldn't even tell you the pups mom and dad she had so many. When my breeder would say to me Bogie(My hav) is sooo cute! He just looks like a Havanese which she said made her feel so good about her breeding program. I would think well he is a havanese. But after seeing most of her dogs I can now see why she says that. So after that tramatic experience I have been so sad for all the poor dogs that she has. I even saw her a couple months later in the grocery store buying the biggest bag of the cheapest dog food available. So now the reason I am so mad! She now has a website with tons of pics of cute pups on it saying she does health test and dna?? And she has started to plaster classified ads everywhere. I know she is a nut!! Her dogs are not socialized!! And she has payment plans!! She has even been selling these pups with full registrations so just anyone could breed them too!! Needless to say my breeder and all of the good ones around us shun her and do not have anything to do with her but it is just so frustrating! I am not sure if after saying all that if I'm allowed to say the website or not so I will hold off.. I just wish I could do something! UGH! Thanks for letting me vent!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.