New Havanese owner needs reassurance - Page 81 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2013, 08:37 PM   #801
swaye
Senior Member
 
swaye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 301
Submit Photo: 12
Photo Submissions 5 Times in 5 Posts
And so it is as with a few other, I am late to this thread and read the entire epistle! What a remarkable woman was Kay. Even though I was not involved in this thread, I couldn't help myself and had a good cry for Kay. After getting myself together, I realized how happy she must be for Maggie to have her best friend Hazel taking over where she left off. What awesome women! And Maggie, you know you are a lucky girl. I had better quit now, I feel myself on the verge of tears again. I am so glad I read this. You ALL have been such tremendous support and help to Kay, Hazel and Maggie.
swaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:08 AM   #802
Lalla
Cuba and Tycho
 
Lalla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I live in Oxford in the UK
Posts: 1,003
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 9 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davetgabby View Post
thanks Lalla, it is my favorite story over the years. Not too many of us remember Kay, but she sure was a wonderful lady. I still get choked up when I think of her and Maggie. It shows what patience and love can do.
Thanks to your keeping in touch with Hazel, Dave, and because of that connection your updating of this thread, actually MANY will remember Kay, and those of us who never had the pleasure of knowing her, thanks to you now know her story. That's a good memorial, isn't it, that all over the world there are fellow Havanese owners who know about Kay and can keep her memory alive alongside our interest in Maggie's Progress.
Lalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 06:19 AM   #803
swaye
Senior Member
 
swaye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 301
Submit Photo: 12
Photo Submissions 5 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalla View Post
Thanks to your keeping in touch with Hazel, Dave, and because of that connection your updating of this thread, actually MANY will remember Kay, and those of us who never had the pleasure of knowing her, thanks to you now know her story. That's a good memorial, isn't it, that all over the world there are fellow Havanese owners who know about Kay and can keep her memory alive alongside our interest in Maggie's Progress.
Well put!
swaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:34 AM   #804
sandypaws
Senior Member
 
sandypaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 2,299
Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 15 Times in 15 Posts
I remember reading Kay and Maggie's story earlier this year and what an amazing one it is. It still brings tears to my eyes when thinking about it. I'm so glad that things are working out for Maggie. Hazel certainly is a guardian angel.

Thank you, Dave, for updating this love story for us. Hope you will continue to get news and will share with us.
__________________

Mary and Tyler (miss you, Bailey - 1996-2011)
sandypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #805
davetgabby
Dave T
 
davetgabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 8,525
Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 35 Times in 35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaye View Post
And so it is as with a few other, I am late to this thread and read the entire epistle! What a remarkable woman was Kay. Even though I was not involved in this thread, I couldn't help myself and had a good cry for Kay. After getting myself together, I realized how happy she must be for Maggie to have her best friend Hazel taking over where she left off. What awesome women! And Maggie, you know you are a lucky girl. I had better quit now, I feel myself on the verge of tears again. I am so glad I read this. You ALL have been such tremendous support and help to Kay, Hazel and Maggie.
wow. and you're absolutely right.
__________________
Dave and Molly
Ian Dunbar was awarded the Outstanding Achievement Award from I.P.D.T.A. Here's a picture of me accepting the award on his behalf.
Member of IAABC ,International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants , Member of Pet Professional Guild
davetgabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:36 AM   #806
chataboutthat
Tippi's mom
 
chataboutthat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville
Posts: 73
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
i've just read this story and i've been crying for an hour. what a remarkable woman! i'm so sorry that i didn't have the opportunity to know kay. i'm grateful that she had a loving friend like hazel who could help maggie with her loss.

wow. what a story.
__________________

_______________
Tippi, the dog
Brooke, the human
chataboutthat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #807
davetgabby
Dave T
 
davetgabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 8,525
Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 35 Times in 35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chataboutthat View Post
i've just read this story and i've been crying for an hour. what a remarkable woman! i'm so sorry that i didn't have the opportunity to know kay. i'm grateful that she had a loving friend like hazel who could help maggie with her loss.

wow. what a story.
and wow again, that's quite a read. Yeah it would make a good short story book.
__________________
Dave and Molly
Ian Dunbar was awarded the Outstanding Achievement Award from I.P.D.T.A. Here's a picture of me accepting the award on his behalf.
Member of IAABC ,International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants , Member of Pet Professional Guild
davetgabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 PM.


A vBSkinworks Design

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.