we need YOU!! Sebaceous Adenitis study - Page 9 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > Health Issues and Questions

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #81
TilliesMom

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 35 Times in 35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonya View Post
Hello, I'm so sorry a out your dog! I hate this disease, I ended up going to UC Davis finally, where they diagnosed it... My dog as sooo textbook, I knew that he had SA before he went in. I do the bath treatments every 2 weeks and he is on that medicine ,it seems to go in cycles. Anyway please contact me if you need more info. He does not get any vaccinations except his rabies and yes, that sends him into a out break.
Sonya! I am so glad you have found help and a way to manage this disease!
And remember if you ever want to get together for a playdate, we would LOVE to get to know both of you better!!
Old 05-22-2013, 07:52 PM   #82
LochTess
I Want My Walk

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbinatl View Post
Oh...I've tried them both as well. I just can't believe the vets aren't familiar with this skin thing! Isn't it strange to you that we can find what it is by looking a little on the internet but our vets don't have any clue? I've just about given up on them. I appreciate seeing here that I'm not the only one with a havanese with this problem, I don't know why I didn't check this site out earlier. Hopefully with enough input from others there may be some sort of help on the way.
I totally understand your frustration with vets and this disease!!
Before Ricky was diagnosed with SA he had a lot of infections around his mouth and we tried many antibiotics without success.When I told my vet at the time about the Havanese study for SA her response was Ricky doesn't have SA. I couldn't believe she said that knowing that the only way to diagnose SA is with a biopsy :-(

There is a Yahoo SA group that has lots of information
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/SA_Addisons/
You may find that what works for one dog might not work for another so it's good to have many options and try different things…

I do suggest getting a biopsy and diagnosis so you're sure...and maybe consider seeing a dermatologist.

Last edited by LochTess; 05-22-2013 at 08:05 PM.
LochTess is offline   Reply With Quote