Havanese Forum banner

Irish Pied

13K views 78 replies 32 participants last post by  Jane 
#1 ·
Hi,
I'm new here, but just wondering if anyone has a pic of an adult black/white irish pied? I've seen puppies, but not sure about an adult..hope this is okay to post here
Thanks! :)

#3 ·
I'm not home so I don't have a photo to post, but an adult isn't going to change much unless it has the silvering gene (and coat length will make a difference too).

Have you lokked up the "Colours of th rainbow" web site & checked out the pied photos in the gallery?

#4 · (Edited)
Milo is an irish pied.

Attachments

#6 ·
My Dasher is an B/W Irish Pied too! The cute thing is everyone around here thinks he is a baby border collie since they have never heard of havs and Dash has those markings. He just happens to be a really fuzzy one!

Here he is at 11 months.

I think I am partial to B/W Pieds though- it is the coloring I really wanted too! :) Now I really notice them. Whether they are BC's or Chinese Crested, Dashie has a lot of twins now!

#7 ·
#15 ·
I didn't think pieds had saddles, only a collar of white all the way or almost all the way around. Does Cash have a collar of white? Here's a description I found from a breeder website:

A two color coat with 50% or more of the coat being any color other than white, with the colors laid out in the following SPECIFIC pattern: The underbelly and lower legs are white. There is also white on the chest up to the bottom of the chin, as well as a full or partial white collar or shawl around the neck. The tip of the tail is always white. There may be a colored mask on the face. The coloring on the back is solid and appears as a large saddle or cape covering the shoulders, back and sides. Topline is colored while the underline is always white.

#16 ·
I didn't think pieds had saddles, only a collar of white all the way or almost all the way around. Does Cash have a collar of white? Here's a description I found from a breeder website:

A two color coat with 50% or more of the coat being any color other than white, with the colors laid out in the following SPECIFIC pattern: The underbelly and lower legs are white. There is also white on the chest up to the bottom of the chin, as well as a full or partial white collar or shawl around the neck. The tip of the tail is always white. There may be a colored mask on the face. The coloring on the back is solid and appears as a large saddle or cape covering the shoulders, back and sides. Topline is colored while the underline is always white.
That description is so clear cut that you can't mistake a pied if you compare the dog to it. I used red to distinguish the parts that hit the most specific areas that separate a pied from other color markings.

I love the look of a good pied.

#24 ·
Well,I think he is if I read that right. He has an all white underside,front legs/muzzle/collar around his neck. His back/head is all black with a thin swirl of white. The black is like a saddle. Wouldn't that be? Or not?:ear:

#27 ·
I think the "more than 50%" weighs a little more heavily than the solid back does.

Julie, I'm not positive about Quincy, but I'd guess that a lot of breeders would register him as Pied. With that first picture, I would. With the second photo, I'd end up getting outside opinions and probably emailing Suzanne McKay for an additional opinion. She's the expert!

#29 ·
As a pup that white swirl was pretty big---but it narrowed and it's there today,but very narrow and not that dominate. On Quincy's papers nothing was marked---so I just guessed and marked parti-colored.I don't remember there being an irish pied even on the papers,but then I could be wrong,because to be honest,I wouldn't of known about the coloring like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.