Havanese Forum banner

New Puppy

3K views 24 replies 22 participants last post by  BennyBoy 
#1 ·
She had a long day, several hours in the air and on the road, but our new little Girl, Fia, is home with us now and settling in. :)
She's having a great time with our other dog, Bucky, who's DELIGHTED and is keeping a close eye on her.
This northern Alberta climate is cold for a tiny Havs so she has a wee vest for going outside. Awfully frightened of anyone approaching her, I think, because it's all new and we're so big to her. She found a favourite spot under the living room table.
We're both so happy with our new little girl!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
We love her to bits already. She's having so much fun with Bucky. He looked like he just couldn't believe it this morning when she was still here. We have to watch him because he gets too wound up, but he's being very good with her.

Waving back! Haven't been up your way in ages! Beautiful country!

#9 ·
What a doll, congratulations. Yeah try letting her approaching others rather than them approaching her. Lots of treats from visitors.

#15 ·
Thank you everyone! Such a wonderful response.
Yes, Bucky's really watching over he. He got a new toy today and took it right over to Fia to play. I think he's keeping a close eye to make sure she doesn't vanish. lol.
Suzi, she had a couple hours drive at either end, and about an eight-hour flight. Yes, she was alone on the flight. Really considered that one. In the end, winter road conditions played a part of the decision. She handled it very well though. Doesn't seem to be having any separation anxiety, or stress.
Thanks Dave. That's what we've been doing, except for potty time. Which is going very well, btw. I thought, let's give her some space to get used to her new home, and give her some positive motivation to not flee. She's started relaxing and following me now, coming for a treat, following me when we're outside. She's not fleeing our of fear. More because she just doesn't want to be picked up, wants to do her own thing.
We're going to have a lot of fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.